Help me to upload video, please - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help me to upload video, please

I had some great video(s) of us cutting milo. My [new] video camera records video onto little CD's (about 3"). I tried to play the CD on my computer, and it would not play...so I had to "finalize" the disc. The disc would play, but I never knew how to save the video to my computer...so I could upload it/them to YouTube.
When I installed the CD, after finalizing it, a "sonic" program automatically came up on my computer to play the CD. It played great. I also tried Windows Media Center..I (think) I could play the CD on this, too, but never knew how to save it.

Now, after doing all of that, I put the CD back into the camera, and the video(s) are messed up, some...There are "gaps" in the footage, plus the sound is messed up. None of this happened before I finalized the CD and/or put it in the computer.

I may have not given you enough info to help, but if you can I would appreciate it..BIG TIME!
THanks

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Re: Help me to upload video, please

Sounds like you're recording onto Mini-DVDs. Might want to check the technical information of your camera to see what it is supposed to be doing.

If you have video on a Mini DVD, it should be playable in any (newer) DVD Player. It is possible to rip that back to a computer file format, but you'll need the right software to do that. Did the camera come with something to do this?

You need video in a .AVI, .MOV, .WMV file or something like that to post it to youtube.

-Lance

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: Help me to upload video, please

First off, Gracias! Thanks for the reply.
I bought this camera, new, about 6 months ago..I do not remember it coming w/software, but I could be wrong. Right now, I can not even recall the brand name of it...I do remember buying a short-term subscription to Consumer Reports, just to have the intel. to be able to buy a good one..

I will look into it..It makes me POed, though...I had some pretty cool video, and now it is pretty screwed up..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page