The Motorbike Thread - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Willy were on borrowed time most bikes are put away already, its a warmer fall then usual. our riding season is only about six months long.
The loose gravel roads can be a white knuckle experience but just take it easy, no problem if there is a bit of a path down the middle. lots of years I would be on a snow mobile in the end of October.
You have some very nice pictures, keep them coming.

post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
If you get out to the Nelson Kaslo area you need to stop and check out Toad Rock just south of Ainsworth Hot springs its a bikers only campground.

post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I pretty much live for riding, I'll ride anything.

I enjoy adventure/single track stuff, and race motocross (past raced quads, currently race bikes). I currently ride a 14' Suzuki DR650, and a 13' YZ250. Last year it was a KTM 350 instead of the DR (I know, quite a downgrade...). Hopefully own a KTM 500EXC-F next year, my dream bike!

Some pics of the adventures!!

(Red Gear)

Gnarly hiking trail middle of nowhere B.C normal people wouldn't take a mountain bike on, let alone a big ol' pig. Wasn't having a great time right here.

Hope you enjoy, any questions ask away!
post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
A lot of you will probably take a dim view of filtering or lane splitting, but I don't ride a bike to sit in queues.

Here is a video of some of the traffic we have to deal with here. It does contain some swearing

post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just back from Costa Rica. Used to watching tons of bikes filtering.
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 09:05 AM

Tried the filtering thing in Regina in wascana park after a July 1st fireworks show,about twenty five years ago I wasn't real popular whith the car drivers, I don't think Saskatchewan is quite ready for that style of riding.
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4527 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIPP View Post
Tried the filtering thing in Regina in wascana park after a July 1st fireworks show,about twenty five years ago I wasn't real popular whith the car drivers, I don't think Saskatchewan is quite ready for that style of riding.
A few years ago in Calgary on a stalled traffic afternoon I must have passed a 150 standing vehicles and you could tell some were less than enthused about my vehicle advantage.
And I wasn't even lane splitting, just moseying down the narrow very left side pavement strip, normally a breakdown lane I guess.
TSIPP likes this.
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIPP View Post
It is expected here. Once in a while people will stop your progress, but most people will actively move over to let you past. I have heard of people getting their cars kicked and scratched with knee sliders when they block filtering.

When bikes filter through the traffic they are easing the traffic for everyone else, so people should be grateful we are on our bikes not in our cars.

The police run a course for bikers called Bikesafe BikeSafe Basically you spend a morning in the classroom talking about all the ways we can get killed and how not to get killed then we go out with Class 1 police bike riders and they assess your riding and give you tips. It was a really good day but when those guys decide to get a wiggle on it's really hard to keep up. They are unbelievable at reading the road and filtering through traffic.
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 10:44 PM

Pretty much sums it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1448336549339.jpg (138.9 KB, 89 views)
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:02 PM

Went for a fifty k run down the gravel roads this after noon, loose gravel isn't fun but it feels allot nicer than ice maybe its time for winter tiers for the goldwing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1454040083724.jpg (347.4 KB, 52 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page