The Motorbike Thread - The Combine Forum
 84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
The Motorbike Thread

It seems some of us on here have bikes, so post your pictures and talk about them here.

Here is my bike and some pictures

On the Chunnel for my first bike trip abroad, we went to Germany

Just before being thrashed down the legendary B500 in Germany

My brothers (red) NC700X and my CBR600 FA-B waiting for the others to catch up

The to Hondas under the Millau Bridge in France this year

Just over the border in Austria last year

The top of the Stelvio Pass in Italy last year

Somewhere in Italy last year

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)

When I make my way to Togwotee this year I will try my best to get some good pics of the snowbike cutting up the hillside, if this crap weather keeps up I will get it mated up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1446057330765-1907442725.jpg (758.8 KB, 842 views)
File Type: jpg 1446057349208-1012431881.jpg (824.6 KB, 858 views)
Dan at CLI likes this.
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 03:01 PM
HI!

Quoted: 4537 Post(s)
You bring up good memories!

No nice pics like you have Willy but many fine memories of touring with friends over the last 42 years!
Thanks for the shake off of the cobwebs Willy.
post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post

When I make my way to Togwotee this year I will try my best to get some good pics of the snowbike cutting up the hillside, if this crap weather keeps up I will get it mated up
What do you wear on your hands to keep them warm?
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
No nice pics like you have Willy but many fine memories of touring with friends over the last 42 years!
Thanks for the shake off of the cobwebs Willy.
I wish I had discovered European bike trips years ago. It's hard work on a 600cc sports bike but worth it. Continental Europe is awash with BMW GS's. Last year we stopped for a coffee in some Italian ski resort and 2 Swiss registered GS's parked next to us. One of the riders looked at my bike, looked at my plate then looked aat me and asked if I had riden it all the way. He looked impressed when I said yes. I'd like to take it to Morocco.
Spider likes this.
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Nilly View Post
What do you wear on your hands to keep them warm?
I need to get a set of hand quards, they help alot, also an expensive set of klim gloves are worth their weight in gold!

I tried alot of different clothing but Klim stands out, it's light and thin enough you don't feel like a polar bear, makes riding a lot easier

Got some motor fist stuff that's pretty good for a lot less ching
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Mayoollie
You did Stelvio?! You nutter. I would KILL to take a fast car down there. So far all I have done is Thruxton and a lot of UK driving. I would love to do Spa, Hockenheim and the Ring but it will have to wait.

Farming- the closest a man can get to doing Gods own work on earth
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Here's the goldwing in the new bike thread, no fancy pictures yet only had her a few months but shure is nice riding, hope to go through the rocky mountains next sumer. It looks better in this thread, that gun threads getting nutty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1446078568249.jpg (547.6 KB, 81 views)
SWFarmService likes this.
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayoollie View Post
You did Stelvio?! You nutter. I would KILL to take a fast car down there. So far all I have done is Thruxton and a lot of UK driving. I would love to do Spa, Hockenheim and the Ring but it will have to wait.
On the first trip we rode up to Grand Ballon, which is a ski resort in France and did the B500. Both of those were very fast, mainly flowing and great fun.

As we approached Stelvio we stopped on the side of the road to water the grass and 2 UK registered 6 wheelers came past that appeared to be the support truck for a cycle race. We then set off and started going up Stelvio. It's one hair pin after the net and the camber on the road is so steep that had we had to stop we would probably have toppled over. We got around one corner and were met with a tail back and it turned out that the lead truck had got his tail lift beached on the road as he went around a hair pin. Being bikes we just filtered past, but it was tricky because we couldn't see.

My bike is too high geared for that, 1st was a bit low and 2nd too high, it could have done with a smaller rear sprocket and use 2nd and 3rd. I'm glad we road it, but there are better roads. I think something like a Mini 1275GT would be the best vehicle up there, you want something very small.

There are people taking pictures of everyone going up and down there and you can buy them from their website. We went up there in June and the ski runs were still open and being used. There were probably more cyclists using the road than cars and bikes. Proper stick thin cyclists they were too.

We had a great sausage at the top from one of the venders up there that looked like he never came down from the mountains. It was a great sausage and we have since referred to him as Stelvio Sausage Man. and all European bike trips now have to have a memorable meat based lunch that we just stumble across. This year is was a magnificent steak we had at some cafe in France. Charolais cows in the field opposite. Great steak in the cafe..
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIPP View Post
Here's the goldwing in the new bike thread, no fancy pictures yet only had her a few months but shure is nice riding, hope to go through the rocky mountains next sumer. It looks better in this thread, that gun threads getting nutty.
How late in in the year can you realistically ride? I can ride just about all year, but it does get frosty and I don't like getting my bike salty, but I don't have to ride miles on unsealed roads.

I look forward to your Rocky pictures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page