Japan's Nuclear Reactors - Page 4 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
I'm with you on this one Jaydee, nuclear power, I am not a fan of. Let's face it the Japanese gov. can't tell what "really" is going on at the nuclear plant. Only little bits at a time, if everyone knew what "really" was going on, there could be mass panic, over and above what those poor people have gone through already. My prayers go out to all who are experiencing this right now, God bless them!

post #32 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 AM
tmk

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
phishstik : Perhaps Bruce power should reconsider building their " NEWLY " designed nuclear plant in their backyard instead of the proposed plant north of Peace River .
The nuclear industry in Canada has been so grossly subsidized over the past 60 years , how can anyone argue its sustainability ? Plus no one has the nuclear waste problem ironed out , including many of its other short comings .

post #33 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
People are very poor at calculating relative risks. This is well documented by numerous studies (checkout Bruce Schneier's blog for articles on "Security Theater", for example). Terrorist attacks in the US killed a small number of people compared to many other dangers. The effort spent to prevent terrorist attacks is completely disproportionate to its relative risk. In fact, someone has calculated that many more "man-hours of life" have been lost due to waiting in security check lines then have been lost due to terrorist related deaths.

Likewise, nuclear is very safe relative to other energy sources. Coal plants have released much more radiation into the atmosphere. Compared to other power sources, deaths per MWh are much lower. The media loves a circus though.
post #34 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

stubblejumper - this is the updated information for yestarday and today
Fukushima Nuclear Accident 15 March summary of situation BraveNewClimate

tmk - Let's not talk about subsidization when microfit solar and wind projects here in Ontario are getting paid 80 cents a kilowatt.

Eastern Ontario, God's Urinal.
post #35 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 PM

Seems they lost it !
Reactor 1 and 3 are in Controll but not Number 2,and Number 4 which is in Fire has Cooling Problem too.
Now also Number 5 and 6 run short with cooling,and,Radiation is now that high that Staff will have to evacuated from Plant which means the Super Gau is so good as Oficial.
Thats not bad enough. With that Heat could easely two or more Reactor connect to any above Super Gau expected.
tokio has 40 million People who don't go as they don't believe the Through.
The radioactive Cloud may be in around 5 Day in North America.
I'm really sad for all the Damage will come.
Just think all the Radiation surrounds the Dust,you are staying in.
You need a Shower every day to wash it down,and also washing Clothes every Day.
you need to cover as good as every Skin of your Body,and leave Woman at Home.
You know about danger of getting Disabled Babies afterthen.
There are also such Pills People have to take to avoid Cancer as good as possible. Don't remember that Name but has to do with Jodin.
post #36 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerleach View Post
This is a really unfortunate situation. I hope and pray for the best for all the Japanese families that have lost someone or everything in these last few days. That is a good article I have been finding the BBC's coverage a little better than CNN's.

It makes me really glad I don't live in a earthquake prone area. I think I'll take the cold and snow in exchange.
I'm sorry,but its too late for the Japanese.
What you can do,and thats urgent,to make sure You,and Your Staff is protected.
post #37 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
All of this makes me glad to live in Alberta where most of our power comes from coal. It's cheap, its dirty, and its safe. Don't even get me started on wind, what a joke is right. We are finding out that these windmills are not all the are cracked up to be, just ask the people that live near them. And how do we put them all out in the ocean in a place like Alberta or Saskatchewan?
post #38 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx66man View Post
All of this makes me glad to live in Alberta where most of our power comes from coal. It's cheap, its dirty, and its safe. Don't even get me started on wind, what a joke is right. We are finding out that these windmills are not all the are cracked up to be, just ask the people that live near them. And how do we put them all out in the ocean in a place like Alberta or Saskatchewan?
Ever heard about a thing called power line???
post #39 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Seems reading these reports is a little like reading the bible, everybody is coming away with their own interpatation. To me they they appear to have the situation reasonably under control and they have released a small amount of radiation but to tyroler it's a nuclear holocaust. (Unless he's getting information from another, more reliable source.). In that case my apologies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why is there never time and money to do it correctly but there's always plenty to do it again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #40 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
jaydee, we in Alberta are a little uptight about building power lines so forgive if I tell you fat chance. Jaydee you of all people should know that Germany and Europe are in a much different situation than we in Canada and North America. Even we in the prairies are kinda at a loss when it comes to so called green power, we have almost no chance for hydro, wind power is out north of Calgary, biomass is to far out in the future to be a reliable source of energy for us. I am all for coal simply based on the fact that it a reliable source of power that is SAFE, and that to me is the most important thing in light of recent events.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page