Favorite music genre - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Mostly new and classic rock. I have been listening to some country/blues like Sturgis Simpson, Nathaniel Ratcliffe , and Alabama shakes.

post #12 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Sturgill Simpson is great! It's nice that there are still some real country singers. Corb lund, Hank 3, shooter Jennings, Wayne hancock, Jamey Johnson, Chris stapleton are some I have been listening to a lot lately.

post #13 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
\m/ 🤘 metal!!!!
post #14 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
My formative years were the `70`s and early eighties, so bands like deep purple, foreigner, the who, neil young with crazy horse, the cult, the angels, AC/DC, KISS, ZZ topp, the stones, the doors (lots of stuff with "the" in front of it) were influential, along with a lot of disco and new wave type stuff.

First ever music concert for me: KISS in 1980.

First Album: Deep Purple-In Concert (1970/72 live)

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 05-29-2016 at 04:59 PM.
post #15 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I listen to everything from metal and rock, to electronic music, to classical; pretty much anything except country and pop trash. If a radio station says anything like "playing today's best hits!" then it isn't for me. Here's a selection of what Youtube is recommending, and stuff off the top of my head.

The Devil and the Almighty Blues -- Sort of a blusey stoner Southern rock from Norway. Most people are saying, "huh?" right now, but just give it a listen. If you're a fan of classic rock, then this is right up your alley.

Perturbator - Sentient -- Track 8 from the new album The Uncanny Valley. I've heard this called synthwave or retrowave; think of it like a modern take on an 80s horror or sci-fi movie soundtrack. Heavy cyberpunk themes with Perturbator, which is always cool.

Norma Jean - Redeemer -- Norma Jean is hard, fast, and loud. Just what the doctor ordered to stave off that 5:30 nap attack when you're in a big field and everything is going smoothly.

Kataklysm - Serenity in Fire -- Canadian death metal. These guys are riff masters.

Monster Magnet - Dopes to Infinity -- It's Monster Magnet. Nothing more to say.
SWFarmService likes this.

Last edited by okpanhandle; 05-19-2016 at 09:51 AM.
post #16 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
First concert for me was Edward Bear and Bob Seager was the warm up act. My favorite band growing up was the Who, also liked Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, the Rolling Stones and The Doors. Later on it was Kiss, AC/DC and George Thorougood.
post #17 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Making me feel like a pussie with that batch of music there @okpanhandle !

I listen to stuff like this

and an odd one but my favorite song of all time

God Bless America
post #18 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
post #19 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Like I said, I don't listen to all metal, all the time, that's just what youtube happened to be recommending. Octane is No. 2 on my radio presets, but there is a lot of new modern rock that just doesn't do it for me. On Thursdays my radio is stuck on Electric Area for A State of Trance with Armin van Buren, and Global DJ Broadcast with Markus Shulz. I grew up on classic rock, but after 30+ years of listening to the same stuff on FM radio every day it's hard for me to go back to a lot of it. Most of those bands' back catalogs are great, they just never get any air time. I don't really need to hear Back in Black again.

Going in a completely opposite direction, a lot of the games I've played in the past has some excellent music.

I spent many, many days during my college years playing a game called Final Fantasy XI. The music will always be special to me. Listen to this on Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and relax for a bit.

This is my one of my favorite songs of all time, taken from an orchestral compilation of Final Fantasy music.
SWFarmService likes this.
post #20 of 632 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Just about anything from symphony to hard rock, country to grunge. Took band in school, piano lessons,....and found out I do not have a talent for actually playing music myself, so I have a great appreciation for those who can and do, Got to see a few concerts, Reba, Garth Brooks, Liked Roy Clark the best, the man can perform and could play just about any instrument. We have local Coffee House nights here where anyone with an instrument can come and entertain. Was kind of surprised how many local kids play violin, guitar, drums, and the like. Very good exposure and practice for the young artists, and a nice relaxing evening having coffee and great entertainment and dancing. There is a local 12 year old who can play a mean polka fiddle.

Living the dream,......one bushel at a time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page