Someone take his pen away!! - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
My "issue" is you've pestered him about it twice since your initial question by saying things like "I assume your silence means.." and "You STILL haven't told us.." Pretty sure he saw your first reply and HAS CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND.
Still not sure why this is an issue for YOU. However, while I'm not obligated to explain my posts to someone else, I will as I never have a problem backing up anything I post. It is entirely possible that flatfoot read my first post asking for an explanation but deferred answering to a later date then forgot (I've done this myself) so I sent out a reminder. When I see that he has posted in this thread but not answered my question, I sent out another reminder (just being courteous). Two reminders is all I give. If no answer comes then I am left to assume that the question is being ignored and I draw my conclusions accordingly. It's just what I do.

Quote:
You also told him to respond in the other thread (if he chooses to, which it appears he has chosen not to). So technically by your request an answer shouldn't be posted in this thread anyway.
Really??? Show me in my two reminders where I suggested, or even hinted that I was expecting the answer in THIS THREAD. It would do no good to post my reminders in the other thread as that is not where the statement in question is posted and i have no way of knowing if flatfoot even reads the other thread yet. I can't believe I had to spell that out

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8850Champion View Post
I'll agree on the extremist part, but the unknown of the century will be how the majority (non extremists) react to these new policies. If the policy results in the extremists gaining power and #'s then... back to square one. Regardless, being proactive and transparent should be a priority with whatever happens.
Yes, it's a real "damned if you don't, damned if you do" thing. Personally, I believe in innocent until proven guilty and as such, while I fully understand where Trump is coming from, I think I would lean towards not banning immigrants (from anywhere) BUT, don't provide ANY immigrant with government services when they arrive (to weed out the freeloaders that are looking for government sponsored retirement) AND, you commit ONE felony, you are on the next plane to where you came from EVEN if you face torture and/or death on your arrival home. Something along those lines anyways.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Hitter View Post
They already were, being nice to Islamic Extremists does not make them wanna play nice!! The west is so stupid you believe they can be reasoned with?? They can't get over it!
Exactly what my thoughts have been for a long time. In fact, they want us to play nice with them so they can infiltrate said nation they do not like more easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8850Champion View Post
I'll agree on the extremist part, but the unknown of the century will be how the majority (non extremists) react to these new policies. If the policy results in the extremists gaining power and #'s then... back to square one. Regardless, being proactive and transparent should be a priority with whatever happens.
Every policy always has a risk of making the extremists grow, can't make everyone happy... I think plenty of the non extremists are fed up with the ones who are, and they need to be the ones nipping the bud off of the extremist tree before it grows. It doesn't help when everyone spins the story how they want it to make Trump look bad, his only intent is to stop extremists from entering but the media claims he wants to send all muslims out of the country. Yeah, way to provide propaganda to the extremists... If only the left understood that they would be the first ones missing heads when those extremists come over here then perhaps they would be more careful with figuring out what was signed as well as what they say.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfarmer85 View Post
Every policy always has a risk of making the extremists grow, can't make everyone happy... I think plenty of the non extremists are fed up with the ones who are, and they need to be the ones nipping the bud off of the extremist tree before it grows.
Quite correct, MNfarmer...and the way to force the non-extremists to "out" their extremist brothers is to penalize the non-extremists as well.
I`ll make an analogy to explain that.
A band is on stage and the lead vocalist is hit in the head with a full beer can. The singer asks the person responsible to step forward...no-one does. The singer shrugs his shoulders and the band continues playing. Another beer hits the singer in the groin. The vocalist says "alright we`re going home" and the band walk off stage. Seconds later, the angry crowd beats up the culprit and hands him in to the waiting police. Problem solved. The performance continues, successfully.
O.k. Which method worked best? Punish the masses for the actions of the unruly few and you eliminate the problem...as you say... nip it in the bud!
Let peers take care of their peers!
That is one reason why I would be in favor of Trumps hard line immigration changes.
TSIPP, kevlar and StuartTyson like this.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 01-31-2017 at 03:30 AM.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Trump has done more in one week than Obama did in 8yrs, so if your feelings get hurt you can always move!
harvestmoon, goodoo and Prohay like this.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot View Post
Scary – when this changes I am concerned

The perceived view of entitled Americans of themselves – divided by – The perceived view of Americans by a large portion of Earth’s population
Actually I get this one? I like it!
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
Trump has done more in one week than Obama did in 8yrs, so if your feelings get hurt you can always move!
To Saskatchewan
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
To Saskatchewan
Hey!!! We don't want that type here either!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page