Justin Trudeau, does this guy have a shot.....at a second term? - Page 187 - The Combine Forum
 1070Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1861 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
My god did that video make me laugh!!! That's one thing he is good for, a good laugh.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1862 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
I'm actually not that surprised about this plastic ban. The BS around recycling is starting to be revealed. There isn't that much recycling. Crap is collected to be "green", packed up and sent away. Everyone thinks it is recycled, no there is lots just sent somewhere else to be dumped. Kind of like Philippines president Duterte now sending that ship full of our crap back to Canada. So, once the environmental conscious people figure out they have been told a fabulous lie about how environmentally in tune government is, well they will want some changes. So our globalists say "well ok, we weren't really recycling much at all and you idiots believed everything we said about saving the environment so this time we will do it differently, we will just stop using plastic". Of course the peasants will pay that bill too and the globalists will corner the market on the new solutions but at least those people who demand environmental activism will be able to thank the globalists for solving this problem that they lied about for a few decades.

I am not against being environmentally friendly, read a post a little while back about someone claiming hemp could have filled the role of plastics early on but the hemp industry was purposely destroyed to favor the use of plastics. Maybe its true, don't know. But at this stage in the game I will bet a lot of tax payer money goes to government approved businesses to solve this new problem created by a plastic ban. Complete ban by 2021 is being proposed - don't think you need to be hit by a baseball bat to understand what a rushed problem/solution ends up becoming.
There WAS a movement back in the late 60's - mid 70's where Hemp would/could have been used as a viable replacement to wood pulp in the paper industry. And of course, all kinds of conspiracy theories followed!

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4401

post #1863 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoColourPreference View Post
There WAS a movement back in the late 60's - mid 70's where Hemp would/could have been used as a viable replacement to wood pulp in the paper industry. And of course, all kinds of conspiracy theories followed!

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4401
I just canít see hemp being used to replace plastic although it would likely be a good replacement. We need all this agricultural land to produce cheap food.
post #1864 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
And yet they continue to shove biofuels down our throat.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #1865 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
I want the government of Canada to shove biofuels down our throat. So much so that I can online order an oilseed press from Peavy Mart and be able to create my own farm fuel additives if I have heated seed or if it is economically viable to take good seed and make it into liquid energy for engines or heating. Ideally I would even get government grants to buy this equipment to "save the planet". And then the city dweller would also be installing grain burning furnaces with a 200bu hopper in his basement to supply it and a network of transportation to buy grain from farms to supply those hoppers, probably government grants for that too. In fact, I would probably stop buying colossal wind turbines with government, I mean tax payer money, and instead fund such a program. I am all for more biofuel in our lives but for some strange reason the government in not keen on energy independence for the little guy. Only on schemes centered on massive centralized control.

But have no fear, our government will now figure out how they can get rid of plastics AFTER declaring they will. That was an interesting article on hemp, no it is not the end all solution but I am sure it can be part of the solution. In the fridge I have plastic milk jugs and paper/wax ones. On the farm we could use larger, returnable chemical containers, maybe 5 gallon become the norm instead of 2 gallon. Don't know. But the idea we do this by 2021 is where the farce is.
Combine Pilot likes this.
post #1866 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Sometimes when a bullfight breaks out things seem fairly even for a while, then you suddenly realize which one of them is definitely going to end up as a loner standing in the corner of the next pasture.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...A&ceid=CA%3Aen
post #1867 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Too bad our genius leaders in the west don't push Energy East harder. If they did it would no longer be the "roiled west" calling out the federal government of Canada but all of Canada. But you know how it goes, a dipshit paid off mayor in Montreal and a dozen SJWs show up in protest and suddenly the narrative is that Ontario and Quebec will never allow it. Even though the polls show they want it. But that's ok, let's just push for butting heads with tanker bans, Indian bands, environmentalists and don't do anything to shine a light on the total BS that surrounds EE. Our leaders could perhaps turn the discussion to tankers not just on the East coast, but on the great lakes. But, yeah, let's just go with the programming that citizens in the rest of Canada don't want it. Because if we actually pushed EE we may find Canada more united than the "news" says.

And so we now have the next step in Fascist Canada - pharmacare. Yes, after decades of wrestling purchasing control away from all levels of government as it pertains to purchasing drug under the narrative that we will get leverage by consolidation of buying power, the government has decided that is a waste of time and will just take tax payer money and buy whatever drugs it sees fit from whoever and at whatever price. To the tune of $15B stripped away from the working class. Yes, we can be assured that the federally run purchasing division will operate at the high standards of ethics and integrity that we are so accustomed to and thus ensuring the best deal for tax payers. And free drugs will see a whole lot more drugs pumped into the bodies of everyday citizens to cure everything that modern health care can identify.
meritmat and bradw2 like this.
post #1868 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Farmer View Post
For those that missed it, it is cringeworthy:

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2019...k-on-plastics/
That video is a shining example of how un-prepared Trudeau was and continues to be as far as leading our nation.

People ought to be furious with how the media is complicit in electing people like this who only serve to be a puppet to whomever is pulling the strings. And again today, right on cue, the media is parroting a "new" study about how much plastic we all consume. Says we basically eat a credit card worth every week! Talk about a coincidence that this study would happen to come out right after the Lib's propose a ban on plastic and catch major heat about it.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #1869 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
[QUOTE=SWMan;3339283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Farmer View Post
For those that missed it, it is cringeworthy:

[url]https://www.spencer

That video is a shining example of how un-prepared Trudeau was and continues to be as far as leading our nation.

People ought to be furious with how the media is complicit in electing people like this who only serve to be a puppet to whomever is pulling the strings. And again today, right on cue, the media is parroting a "new" study about how much plastic we all consume. Says we basically eat a credit card worth every week! Talk about a coincidence that this study would happen to come out right after the Lib's propose a ban on plastic and catch major heat about it.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
You're right about the media. This brilliant water bottle answer wasn't even originally picked up by the media until someone put it on social media and it went viral, then all of a sudden the media picked it up.

Also his answer to the premiers opposing the tanker ban and pipeline ban, about bringing up national sovereignty when they aren't getting their way makes my blood boil. Especially when he said he'd rather have Quebec separate from Canada than continue to be in a country ruled my Mr Harper, he said this back in 2012. I heard it on the radio yesterday. Then when cornered about his comments, he made it out about how it's not about him and his love for this country or some strange answer that as usual made zero sense.
post #1870 of 1884 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
When i lived on Vancouver island, i remember flying over the area doing test flights on Search and Rescue helicopters (labrador helicopters) that i used to overhaul, the amount of deforestation in BC was very noticeable. How about alberta and the rest of the country ban logging in BC since the trees are the lungs of the planet and benefit all not just big lumber corps.

TSIPP likes this.

Last edited by Combine Pilot; 06-13-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page