Saskatchewan hockey team bus/truck crash kills 16 - Page 25 - The Combine Forum
 529Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
You would not think he would be out and about if they were considering a charge like that

post #242 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
I bet when the police go to lay charges on him that they will find he is no longer living in Canada.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #243 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Why would an investigation take months? That makes no sense. Interview some of the passengers on the bus for immediate information, charge and release the guy on bail pending the rest of the investigation. Should be some charges against the company as well. That would help keep him in the country.

There has to be some repercussions for this. It was no mere accident.
Partners likes this.
post #244 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
I bet when the police go to lay charges on him that they will find he is no longer living in Canada.
That was the first thing I thought of when it was said he was released and if he had not actually been a real Canadian and had an alternative country to disappear back to. I just find it odd in a case like this that they didn't continue to hold him, is that not legal or they didn't have proof to hold him or is he wearing a monitor, who knows.
Partners likes this.
post #245 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
FWIW, having coffee with a friend yesterday and this subject came up. He said that he was familiar with that intersection and blew through that same stop sign while pulling a swather home. Said that it is a lousy intersection in that the stop sign is a small one, the "flashing light" is also small and amber, not red, no signs leading up to the intersection (stop ahead) and no rumble strips. In his experience it is quite easy to miss. I'm not familiar with that particular intersection but I do know that when I am travelling on a highway for an hour or so and then there is a stop sign, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, they can sneek up on you and I have had a few times when I have had to apply the brakes harder that I would like when they seem to just "appear". Personally, unless the driver was texting or otherwise distracted, accidents happen. We are ALL human and one thing we ALL have in common is that we ALL make mistakes. Some make mistakes that have minor/no implications and some make mistakes that have major implications. The bus crash was only a few seconds from being the former.
Don Boles, BrianTee, Tob79 and 3 others like this.
post #246 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz View Post
Why would an investigation take months? That makes no sense.
to do it right takes time
Quote:
Interview some of the passengers on the bus for immediate information,
Looking at the scene, i suspect that all of the survivours were at the back of the bus and unlikely that any of them saw anything.
Quote:
charge and release the guy on bail pending the rest of the investigation.
Charge him with what?. The investigation into the cause is still ongoing.
Quote:
Should be some charges against the company as well.
Why should the company be charged????. I doubt that company policy is to ignore stop signs.

Quote:
There has to be some repercussions for this. It was no mere accident.
I don't understand, what constitutes a "mere" accident and what is a "mere" accident opposed to??.
kevlar and jcalder like this.
post #247 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 779 Post(s)
It is a big stop sign at that corner with a sign warning you of a stop sign ahead. Along with a flashing light.

I hear they are putting rumble strips at the intersection.

Yes you can blow through it if your not familiar with it and not paying attention to signage along the way.
Doesn’t matter what they do if your not paying attention it’s not going to help.
fjlip, BrianTee, Partners and 1 others like this.
post #248 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bussard View Post

Now this was the stumper, there is more of These drivers doing more than just driving, some have been reported being paid doing phone soliciting as well when driving.. And mindset is not on driving like it should be... I'm not indicating this was the cause, but has been caught recently before by these new drivers

I Do a fair amount of driving on trans Canada threw the winters going sledding in BC and also drive super bs last 25 years, it has blown me away more than a few times how fast some of these new turbine truckers are going, it's like they are clueless, are just don't take the value of life the same, the wrecks I have seen the last few years on that Rd and talking with others in the feild, It always seams to be the same answer

B train trucking takes a long time to be a professional, to see a month old trucker left on his own, just does not seam right, I know how long it took me just to dial in shifting and know your gears/ranges it's almost overwhelming, this driver had to be so far over his head it would be almost scary to see drive.. He could not have no clue of what he was operating.. My two cents
I worked for a construction company in Edmonton and a guy I work with told me that when the gravel pile was being replenished the gravel trucking company would have 1 guy there that knew how to back up a trailer......... that's all he did all day was alleviate all the other drivers from having to back themselves up...... good for thought.
bussard likes this.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #249 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnviL View Post
I worked for a construction company in Edmonton and a guy I work with told me that when the gravel pile was being replenished the gravel trucking company would have 1 guy there that knew how to back up a trailer......... that's all he did all day was alleviate all the other drivers from having to back themselves up...... good for thought.
There's a shortage of skilled workers all across the west. Companies are being forced to either pay up to get the skill or hire inexperience and train them up, or shut the doors....

Yea, it's been like this for over 10 years now..... welcome to the '2010's.

it aint the '90's where you had 20 people fighting for the same job, more like now 10 companies fighting for the same employee.
post #250 of 396 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
And legalizing drugs will make this even worsefrom an employers perspective

Partners likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page