Best mobile phone case? - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:00 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4543 Post(s)
In a slightly related question, are there any vehicle mounts where you can just set the phone in it and have connection for charging and Apple car play?

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
In a slightly related question, are there any vehicle mounts where you can just set the phone in it and have connection for charging and Apple car play?
Short answer is kinda.....

You can get charging cords that have a magnetic connection to your phone by putting an adapter into the charging port.
Ive seen videos of people running the cord into there consol somewhere and just setting the phone on it and it connects just like plugging the cord into your phone.

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0518.PNG (861.1 KB, 5 views)
jcalder likes this.

Last edited by meskie; 01-12-2019 at 10:25 PM.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
I thought I read somewhere about one of the manufacturers now making a vehicle with a docking station that charges your phone with no cord. Might have been on this site even?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
My GMC does it but not with IPhone. Unless new ones are different works with any other that supports wireless charging. Don't think you can get car play through it though
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:36 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4543 Post(s)
Car play requires corded connection.
jcalder likes this.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Might be what your looking for Don.
I have one for my truck, not the charging one though. They have different mounts for different spots on the dash area.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/a...ble-attachment
radar likes this.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I run a Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy S7. Before that it was a Ballistic case (Tough Jacket Maxx I think was the model) on a Galaxy S3, which I only upgraded from because it was basically outdated and useless. Also bought a Ballistic case for my Ipad 4. Both the Ballistic and Otterbox Defender are basically the same design. The gap from the S3 to the S7 and now that the S9 is also out, should tell you I keep my phones for awhile and that the cases have held up very well.

I've had to replace the Defender on the S7 and I also replaced the Ballistic on the S3 mainly due to them getting quite wore. But usually that's with a good 1-2 year usage on them. Screen protectors scratched, charging covers wore off and broke, etc.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Is there such a thing as a "basic" phone? I've had a couple iphones now, and I have no complaints about it, except that I only use a fraction of all the options that it comes with. I feel like I always have to pay for crap that I don't even use. All I want to do is call, text, internet, and email (and the email I could even do without). Does anyone make a cheap phone that will only do those things?
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
If I remember right, all Samsungs since the 5th (except 6th I think) is water resistant. I have a note 8 and rinse it under the sink(or hydrant) when needed. Had a zizo case on it, didn't last long, trying a uag case now and it seems better. I don't use a screen protector as they all seem to defeat the point of a note.

Before that I had a Kyocera brigadier. No case needed there and fully water proof. Ran it over with an L3 and worked for another 2 years afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitgrow View Post
Is there such a thing as a "basic" phone? I've had a couple iphones now, and I have no complaints about it, except that I only use a fraction of all the options that it comes with. I feel like I always have to pay for crap that I don't even use. All I want to do is call, text, internet, and email (and the email I could even do without). Does anyone make a cheap phone that will only do those things?
If you don't mind changing systems, I believe Samsung's J line is what you're looking for. There are others from other companies too, just under more "discouraging" names.
letitgrow likes this.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
After watching the drop tests at ces 2018 I ended up going with the pelican shield for an S9. My last phone had the end of a 40 foot auger land on it(while it was in my pocket) which ended up with a 30 degree bend to it. No case would have helped that, so I sometimes wonder whats the point of cases.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in