49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 PM
drp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenworth man View Post
Read some interesting thoughts on Facebook yesterday regarding how many billions of dollars of work SNC Lavilin does in Saudi Arabia as well as how much of Quebecs pension fund is invested in SNC stocks. Could there be cause to speculate as to wether Quebec's protesting of pipelines could be more financially motivated than environmentally?
There might be a lot to read into this...always follow the money and the truth will come out.

I read an article a couple months ago where a poll was taken and funny thing is the majority of Quebecers were actually in favour of pipelines and Western oil. It seems that all we hear is the opposite. MSM and politicians are the ones to blame.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4778368/q...da-leger-poll/

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
I wouldn't say the SNC story has taken a bunch of media coverage away from the convoy. I see CBC NN can find 10 minutes every hour to cover a house fire and no time for the convoy. One story is relevant to the agenda and one goes against the agenda.

hihi962 likes this.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Isn't there enough support yet to start a new nation? Every person I know can't stand this current framework.
I propose we call it Western Canada, this way people still feel united , somewhat. This new country will contain Manitoba to B.C. and will take the territories to maintain our northern sovereignty.
I think this new nation would undoubtedly be the best in the world.

I say they should unhook some garbagey trailers on parliament hill if Trudeau doesn't listen, then simply head home empty.
BrianTee likes this.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 PM
drp

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
And the PMOs response to the United we Roll...

——————————————————
In a statement on Tuesday, the Prime Minister’s Office said it would not meet with organizers of United We Roll.

“We will always support the right of Canadians to be heard, but it is essential that their message not be co-opted by those who spew racist and divisive language,” it said.
———— —————————————-

....but hey, we fully support corruption by Quebec corporations. What a pile of horse manure!!
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Convoy sounds like a dud. Infighting, radical elements, extremist language, no coverage by the media. I mean you cant roll up on Parliament hill and start screaming hang Trudeau. This wasn't the way to do this and it hurts western image.

There is only a couple tricks left to try and then its time for the ultimate. Kenny needs to get in there, cancel the carbon tax, cut the oil and equalization. The only way to wake them up is with the money.

Last edited by jazz; 02-19-2019 at 11:11 PM.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
The question is who are the extremists and radical elements. Where did they come from? Along the entire trip or just inserted themselves in Ottawa. Or do they exist? I hear the media labelling people and calling them racists but haven't seen the media interview any of them and very much doubt such an interview will have a significant portion of the protesters present. As in, the radicals won't exist in the same space as legitimate protesters. That is Protest 101 these days - if you see an idiot you deal with them immediately.

Travel across half the country to have your voice heard and the powers that be claim racism so as to spit in your face.

Yes, it is all playing out like I figured it would. It's how the controlled world works these days. Ordinary taxpayers don't get a say. You need to be a special interest party. End of story.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 PM

To be perfectly honest, I think its too late for Alberta to try the regular approaches within Canada. Pipelines are so far off by the time they might even get built the sands crude will have losts its window of opportunity. The TMX hearings have been delayed 90 days again. The NEB ruled that climate change cant be included in the assessment and that has now drawn out more likely lawsuits. That thing will never be built. It will just be an ongoing govt boondoggle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cope-1.5025420

As Peter Zeihen puts it either Ab joins the US or is bled dry by the rest of Canada.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

Last edited by jazz; 02-20-2019 at 09:51 AM.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:18 AM
jvw

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz View Post
To be perfectly honest, I think its too late for Alberta to try the regular approaches within Canada. Pipelines are so far off by the time they might even get built the sands crude will have losts its window of opportunity. The TMX hearings have been delayed 90 days again. The NEB ruled that climate change cant be included in the assessment and that has now drawn out more likely lawsuits. That thing will never be built. It will just be an ongoing govt boondoggle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cope-1.5025420

As Peter Zeihen puts it either Ab joins the US or is bled dry by the rest of Canada.
So, how do us common folks contribute to initiating the process of becoming a state? There is nothing to be gained by continuing in the current framework.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvw View Post
So, how do us common folks contribute to initiating the process of becoming a state? There is nothing to be gained by continuing in the current framework.
You start with that referendum on equalization. Kenny needs to bring that to the table immediately. Make oil a little harder to get down east and in BC. Some strategically timed restrictions due to maintenance or something.

Here is more evidence we are on the downhill slope. Another LNG project pulled.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...024343?cmp=rss

Canadian dollar heading to 71c.

https://business.financialpost.com/i...n-weak-exports
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz View Post
Convoy sounds like a dud. Infighting, radical elements, extremist language, no coverage by the media. I mean you cant roll up on Parliament hill and start screaming hang Trudeau. This wasn't the way to do this and it hurts western image.

There is only a couple tricks left to try and then its time for the ultimate. Kenny needs to get in there, cancel the carbon tax, cut the oil and equalization. The only way to wake them up is with the money.

Sadly your right Jazz. I figured it was a waste of time and money

Hereís an idea. On the current trans mountain start cutting off the fuel portion and increasing the oil portion.

And Iím all for separating but look at the cityís population and back ground. I canít see a lot of thoes people voting to separate. Never mind the native vote

Week Men Create Hard Times

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page