Climate change scaremongering - Page 17 - The Combine Forum
 270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
While I am not one to indulge in conspiracy theories and such, something has become fairly apparent the last few months, and that is how absolutely sporadic and backwards the local weather forecasts have become, and more than once I have heard Classen for example from CTV Edmonton, blame how wrong the forecasts are on things being unstable due to climate change...I mean seriously, even Environment Canada used to be able to halfassed predict 24 hours in advance to a degree, but lately I am seeing local forecasts go from three or four days of good weather to four days of rain within 24 hours, huge discrepancies between them and say CTV, way more so than in the past...guess where I am going with this, given how we got some kid from Europe over here preaching about the end of the world and more and carbon taxes such on the gov agenda, and climate emergencies being declared...I'm actually beginning to wonder if they aren't screwing with the actual forecasts to try to lend credibility to this climate BS? They do like to change the rules whenever it suits them, things like a extreme cold snap is "weather" but a class 5 hurricane is "climate change", almost like they are trying to get us all primed up that our weather has gone nuts...I am seriously beginning to think we got some serious propaganda being fed to us daily on our local news to play into this climate scam. What really got me thinking about this, was some where on the forum a member posted about that Drew Learner fellow having been hitting dead on with his forecasts...now I don't follow him, but he can do it, then why then can't anyone else? Meanwhile my local forecast in the last 24 hours has went from four good warm sunny days, to three days rain, to now day and half rain...something stinks, with all their technology they can't do better than this? Or is it on purpose perhaps?

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #162 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Buck that's the problem.
Environment Canada isn't doing actual forecasting.
They rely on a computer model.
Our weather forecasts have been terrible ever since the Regina weather office was closed in the 1990s sometime.
Drew Lerner way more accurate.

post #163 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Before the climate change theft became a thing people knew that the climate went through cycles of around 700 years. 100 of those years were "abnormally normal." Weather was more predictable and stable during these times. Our 100 years of stability are about up now. The other 600 years were those of extremes. Everything averaged out but it averaged out with a drought in one spot and a flood in another.

The other thing that came with these cycles was population growth, we have really outdone ourselves this time around.

Interestingly economic cycles also seem to run in cycles of around 700 years. Correlation does not always equal causation however it is pretty suspicious in this case.

Predicting a relatively stable entity is much easier than predicting an unstable one. Predicting the direction and speed of a train on the tracks is much easier than predicting the direction and speed of a formula one car in an open parking lot.
post #164 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
I mean seriously, even Environment Canada used to be able to halfassed predict 24 hours in advance to a degree, but lately I am seeing local forecasts go from three or four days of good weather to four days of rain within 24 hours
Starting yesterday we had no rain in the forecast for 7 days, literally zero percent chance. Still had zero percent chance when it was down pouring, a few storm warnings issued, half inch later and a large swath of the state got rain and you guessed it 0%.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #165 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
I hear you guys, however the forecast for our area has been spot on. I know we don’t like the weather results but it is what it is!
post #166 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
The problem is that we have many years worth of school leavers who actually believe that the earths weather pattern's have remained the same for 100's of years. It hasn't! That is why I detest the term "Climate change". In my own lifetime I have noticed very obvious decadal shifts in weather patterns and old timers are often overheard discussing even stronger 30 year cycles that they have witnessed in their lifetimes. It doesn't take a genius to deduct from that that there are much stronger weather pattern shifts that occasionally occur in cycles over much longer periods of time.
fjlip and rod like this.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 09-15-2019 at 11:16 PM.
post #167 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
I don't believe we have changed the weather. I do know no tax in the world will change the climate. One meteor strikes earth of any size and no tax in the world will save mankind. Where we need to change is with polluting the oceans. This troubles me.
fjlip, lynas and aussie.ltd. like this.
post #168 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
I will say the same things I have said for a few years now - each person needs to figure out for themselves what is true and act accordingly. If you beleive the TV then looks like easy times ahead with longer warmer seasons and more rainfall. Seems to me I went through one of the coldest August months in a long time which I put in line with the this past coldest winter in 88 years in Saskatchewan (as reported on the radio).

So you have to decide who you listen to, yourself or the TV. I wonder if my best ever crop of mushrooms on my lawn is telling me anything.

I checked in on this other forum I posted links to in the past and found this as a recent link:
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/so...or-exploration

From this forum which gives the best explanation you will ever find as to why the sun has 11 year cycles:

*GLOBAL COOLING FORECAST: Basics of Astrometeorology* |

Other thread with interesting info:
*GLOBAL COOLING: The Irregular Seasons of 2018 & 2019 |

There are many sources that go against what the TV says so you decide who you listen to. For myself, I am increasing crop insurance and hail insurance over the next few years. Cooling presents a greater risk than warming.
fjlip likes this.
post #169 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
God help us! The lunatics have taken over the asylum!
If you deniers won't pay extra taxes for Al Gore and you won't do it for David Attenborough,Leo DiCaprio or Katy Perry, then at least do it for little Greta! LOL!
Jesus! Talk about a drama queen! Imagine what she's like when Mom puts Broccoli on her plate.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/teen-c...-how-dare-you/
rod, Beerwiser, KWO and 3 others like this.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 09-24-2019 at 02:21 AM.
post #170 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:08 PM
NVW

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I have heard her on the radio too many times, I won't watch it. Her mother should be locked up for ruining her life.

World leaders fallowing a screwed up teen for guidance, God help us.

Leo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page