Climate change scaremongering - Page 8 - The Combine Forum
 132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Ozzie, I think being a "self serving piece of garbage" is a prerequisite for any politician.

But I would like to know are coal fired power stations really that bad?
Ant raised good points from a mining perspective; ie the carbon footprint to mine lithium v coal....and then the conversion rate to generated electricity.

Isn't there technology now that burns coal with very low emitions. Don't we have some of the cleanest coal in the world?
That we export all round the world for the purpose of energy generation?

post #72 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:18 AM
KWO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I have been thinking about this as well.
Coal cleaned up it the emissions, and about that time the "bad" pollutants changed, and coal was again bad.
But the detail isn't coming back to me.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
post #73 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Money drives the world. To say population isnt affecting the planet is wrong I believe. Our oceans being overfished and our forests being consumed, to make money and feed the world, having a huge impact. Do I believe we are causing climate change with using fossil fuels. Not really. I think us polluting the rivers and streams with raw sewage and plastics in the oceans etc are doing way more harm long term. Use of fossil fuels has no where near the impact on the planets health as compared to the huge amounts of waste put in the ocean. Radiation leaking from Japan. Where is the concern for this radiation leak. Chernobyl is forgotten about.. There is toxic waste being produced on huge scales that is not being taken care of long term. We seem to have contained these wastes yrs ago and dumped them in the deepest parts of the ocean. Once these containers rust out then what. Our priorities are all focused on a tail pipe but there are a lot more things ruining the planet faster. We are all focused on the weather it seems but pollute everything we touch. Global warming I believe is natural state and the earths inhabitants have adapted but our pollution is something earth has never seen before. Look at India and you can see what overpopulating has done. Garbage everywhere and live like rats. Mexico city as well. Overpopulation is doing nothing good for our planet. We are trying to resolve this problem in Canada by migration. Yikes!! Sell everybody an electric car and save the world isn't a reality.
tswanson, KWO and kevlar like this.
post #74 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:45 PM
rod

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Carbon tax 🤷🏻*♂️

I might not be the sharpest knife in the draw ...... but who can explain the actual way a carbon tax is going to work for the betterment of “the environment?”

All I can see in another tax that goes straight into that massive black hole of no accountability ....... “consolidated revenue”
Border Farmer likes this.
post #75 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
I might not be the sharpest knife in the draw ...... but who can explain the actual way a carbon tax is going to work for the betterment of “the environment?”

All I can see in another tax that goes straight into that massive black hole of no accountability ....... “consolidated revenue”

It doesn't, and nobody has ever tried to explain how it will. Just a new tax. Makes a guy feel a lot warmer and fuzzier though when it's "for a better environment" than it does if they just added a 4 or 5% increase to the taxes already in place. Don't you feel better for it????
lynas and RunninREDharD like this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #76 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Money drives the world. To say population isnt affecting the planet is wrong I believe. Our oceans being overfished and our forests being consumed, to make money and feed the world, having a huge impact. Do I believe we are causing climate change with using fossil fuels. Not really. I think us polluting the rivers and streams with raw sewage and plastics in the oceans etc are doing way more harm long term. Use of fossil fuels has no where near the impact on the planets health as compared to the huge amounts of waste put in the ocean. Radiation leaking from Japan. Where is the concern for this radiation leak. Chernobyl is forgotten about.. There is toxic waste being produced on huge scales that is not being taken care of long term. We seem to have contained these wastes yrs ago and dumped them in the deepest parts of the ocean. Once these containers rust out then what. Our priorities are all focused on a tail pipe but there are a lot more things ruining the planet faster. We are all focused on the weather it seems but pollute everything we touch. Global warming I believe is natural state and the earths inhabitants have adapted but our pollution is something earth has never seen before. Look at India and you can see what overpopulating has done. Garbage everywhere and live like rats. Mexico city as well. Overpopulation is doing nothing good for our planet. We are trying to resolve this problem in Canada by migration. Yikes!! Sell everybody an electric car and save the world isn't a reality.
The climate change agenda is almost gone religious with some. IF you question the science your crazy and so forth. Funny some things people grasp onto like climate change saying "science says" then with other things like the whole transgender debate the leftists throw science out the window. Seen an interview where a transgender studies professor was saying males and females are the same!!… that's whole other crazy debate.

Bjorg Lomborg has lots of videos. I've listen to a podcast on him too. He worked for the UN climate change people. They didn't like all he had to say on carbon tax subsidies. He does make some interesting points saying that there is far more to it then blindly taxing people and throwing money around. Here's a short clip of one of this TED talks.
https://youtu.be/SEjNVWV5jbs[/URL]

Yes I agree the oceans are over polluted and fished people would be surprised how much "wild" protein the world still mines out of the oceans.

Last edited by sawyer99; 03-14-2019 at 06:33 PM.
post #77 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:41 PM
KWO

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
And we all know these end user taxes just work their way back to the primary producers.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
post #78 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynas View Post
Lets add a little perspective.
We have 21 coal fired power plants and China has around 2350 and building another 1150. Ours are relatively clean burning, but in order to save the planet we should shut ours down, as we continue to export our coal to china to power their dirty plants? Crazy!
I know China was building Coal plants like crazy but I thought that slowed way down due to health air quality issues. They still make a "cookie cutter" coal plant system they export to countries. A friend does this stuff for a living does work in Auz. too. Where climates are ideal there is big investment into solar panels and battery back systems to store power for night. 7 Facts about the Growing Benefits of Solar Energy - AICA ENERGY Also wind investment is moving along too in area's as they've improved wind turbine technology a lot the last 25 years. As years ago it was always said wind energy only worked if it was subsidized as the kw cost was too high. But as the KW price goes up I guess it works.

Last edited by sawyer99; 03-14-2019 at 06:46 PM.
post #79 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer99 View Post
. Where climates are ideal there is big investment into solar panels and battery back systems to store power for night. 7 Facts about the Growing Benefits of Solar Energy - AICA ENERGY Also wind investment is moving along too in area's as they've improved wind turbine technology a lot the last 25 years. As years ago it was always said wind energy only worked if it was subsidized as the kw cost was too high. But as the KW price goes up I guess it works.
In theory solar should work well in Australia since we have plenty of sun and it makes sense. However solar panel efficiency still needs major improvement for the sums to add up.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!
post #80 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM
NVW

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Alberta's wind and solar are included in this site, bookmark it, watch it, and see if you would be prepaired to rely on it: http://ets.aeso.ca/ets_web/ip/Market...DReportServlet

The last 2 months of wind and solar produced nothing. Solar is under Biomass, the panels were covered in snow.

Leo

Last edited by NVW; 03-14-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page