UTV's and sleds - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
My buddy had a Kawasaki Mule that he put tracks on. I don't know if it was the design of the machine or the tracks, but as soon as you turned just a little bit at anything faster than a crawl, it would throw snow into the passenger compartment. Not a little bit of snow, shovel fulls of snow. I'd recommend some kind of cab. It would go threw just about anything, but when it got stuck, you will want a winch on the back.

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Yes you will need some sort of flair as they do throw every thing .

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
This set up might handle a little better and keep snow off the operator.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Rear track only will not go where you want .
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I'd say thats more of a toy, does look like fun, but I'll still take my sled for playing anyday.

I've got half doors on and also a big set if flares if I want so not to concerned about the snow build up.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Had tracks for 10 yrs on my side by sides. Go anywhere. Can use in snow or very wet conditions to make life easier. They are high maintenance. Start counting the bearings. I think I replaced 16 6003 bearings and between 50-60 6205's on my last set. They add strain to your drive train and A arm bushings when turning big time. Put a blade up front and it turns a side x side into a little caterpillar. My 800 poo blew 2 front diffs pushing tree's off the snowmobile trail in 4 yrs. My 900XP hasn't blew one yet at 11,000 miles yet but haven't used it for pushing trees either. When you start pushing and lifting the blade, a sh!t pile of weight goes on to those front tracks and it will push like you cant imagine. That little diff has to give eventually. My first set of tracks I mounted a 100 gallon tank in the box and made a 40 ft boom for. Installed a 12 V pump and sprayed my unseeded acres the one yr. I did over 1000 acres that yr with round up and that rig. Not one rut in the field and weeds never went to seed. That yr we had rain like many have never, or will ever see. We would get an 1" every second day it seemed. Had 7" in less than 36 hrs. 4-5" rains more than once as well. That yr was a yr to remember. It started the yr before pulling combines out and it just never stopped being wet the next yr. Roads washed out here everywhere and the RM was beside itself trying to cope. On a field that is saturated, with a 100 gallon tank full, I likely sank 2" at the worst but on average 1/2" to 1". Never went around anything. Just straight back and forth through every pothole etc cat tails and all.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have such experience, but it has good power my friend was telling to me he has used it for a Motorcycle Towing Service.

Last edited by martinbrown986; 05-04-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page