Going once, going twice, sold! - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
kevlar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: central manitoba
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
I think Bill might be like one of those guys on The Price Is Right that always bid a dollar more than the next highest bid, just be a jerk!! lol


It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kevlar is offline  
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4436 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I think Bill might be like one of those guys on The Price Is Right that always bid a dollar more than the next highest bid, just be a jerk!! lol
It virtually eliminates any chance of a tie/pool split with others.

How do you like the quad track range 95,400 to 325,000?


Last edited by Don Boles; 04-02-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Don Boles is online now  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 7,224
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
If I was guessing my own equipment prices and knew it was going to be posted on a public forum before the sale happened I would be going to the high side...
redrider likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4436 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
If I was guessing my own equipment prices and knew it was going to be posted on a public forum before the sale happened I would be going to the high side...
Everyone just best guesses their bid, canít sacrifice your 20$ís!
The wild ranges blows me away.
Interestingly, on the total the owner and I are only 5,000 apart.
Don Boles is online now  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
whtbaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Central Manitoba
Posts: 1,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
You could put me down for the beer if it was closer... looks like it might be the only thing at your sale I could afford!
whtbaron is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 7,224
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Time for some follow up Don. How did it go?

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4436 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Time for some follow up Don. How did it go?
Afraid someone might ask, lol.
Actually, thanks for asking:
Note the total lack of circles (winners) to the right of Dons’ name.
Still haven’t been to a RB sale but watched some on internet, knew I was close on total and when last pool item was selling (8120) was hoping for just another few bids so I might win the total. As you can see, no luck, Evr the big winner with 3.
Kevin only 2 minutes out with the 2:47 finish and also won 3 total, not all were in time finish pool.
Owner Greg got 2 but 1 was split.
A 22$ exercise for me.
Not paid yet, likely run into Harold at the Curling Club 500 Car Dance Saturday night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B1630771-1228-426B-B319-1A1772236E3C.jpeg (3.27 MB, 60 views)
Northern Farmer and radar like this.

Last edited by Don Boles; Yesterday at 10:49 AM.
Don Boles is online now  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 7,224
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Well if it makes you feel better I drove 2 hours each way to an auction sale today to watch everything I was interested go for just over my imposed limit, while some of the other stuff went for less than I expected. But man did that smokie taste good!

Always impressed with RB auctions when I go to them and today was no different.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Well if it makes you feel better I drove 2 hours each way to an auction sale today to watch everything I was interested go for just over my imposed limit, while some of the other stuff went for less than I expected. But man did that smokie taste good!

Always impressed with RB auctions when I go to them and today was no different.
Its nice when they move the lots along quickly but you can really tell when they don't want to sell something meaning the bidding isn't high enough for their liking. Their initial "ask" is basically what they think the machine is valued and they are often very close to final number.

Don't forget to attend the gong show in Killarney tomorrow. Fraser auction will spend 15min selling some bald 11R22.5 recaps In all serious the Killarney sale is a great social time but if your wanting to buy something I think I would die of old age

As a farmer, you learn quick: ďYou donít get anything that you donít work hard forĒ
Jason Hildebrand is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 7,224
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
Its nice when they move the lots along quickly but you can really tell when they don't want to sell something meaning the bidding isn't high enough for their liking. Their initial "ask" is basically what they think the machine is valued and they are often very close to final number.

Don't forget to attend the gong show in Killarney tomorrow. Fraser auction will spend 15min selling some bald 11R22.5 recaps In all serious the Killarney sale is a great social time but if your wanting to buy something I think I would die of old age
Yeah they know where it should end, often the first ask is very close. They did linger on a few items but I saw them snap sell an item right before the big line, probably to send a message to be on guard!

I'll be sure to avoid #3 highway tomorrow to be honest. No deals to be had at that sale that I have seen. Huge crowd there often, even the year it poured rain all day people hung around, all I've ever bought there is a burger and pie.


AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Auction Results From 7/24 JD Dealer Auction IQBID John Deere 0 07-25-2013 07:44 PM
How many sold buzzhillside New Holland 0 02-25-2012 04:29 AM
TR 88 sold at auction!!! slyyck New Holland 3 03-30-2011 09:27 PM
Pics-This Nice 105 JD Diesel Sold For $1000 super27 Antique Machinery 1 12-08-2008 11:35 AM
Land Sold, Land Watch. farmboy General Farming Board 39 09-12-2008 06:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome