7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:17 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Good job!!! You got the part and close on the price! I paid $114 plus tax, guess there was inflation.
Yeah, but did they come in a nice bag?

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
MRB bushings have 2 -214 o-rings in each to keep the dirt out on either end. $4 a piece at Rocky Mountain. ordered 60 from local coop for $8.32. I ask the price of every part before they pull it off the shelf for this reason.

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
The worst with a lot of oem parts is that many could be jobber sourced but the buggers mess with part numbers to throw you off. Hydraulic motors they do this regularly. Not to mention when you need the stuff you’re pressed for time to go hunting for cheaper. As well, when you run certain aged equipment it’s too old that most parts departments don’t regularly stock those parts, and new enough there isn’t much for jobbers. Here’s a good example. John Deere steel packer recaps at the dealer $190 per wheel. From A&I $190 for 4 wheels.
sasksodbuster likes this.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
I rebuilt the perkins on my grandfather in laws vintage Massey backhoe. In putting it back together noticed the trans oil pump was damaged... the same pump was used in Massey and ford tractors. Rockey mountain equipment wanted about 500 for it and I got it from Pentagon for just over 200.
Wouldn't have known but I searched the PN on ebay and the listing showed the multiple applications.

Rebuilt the drop box on dads 244J johndeere Ind loader... the metric bearings were a fraction of the price from commercial bearing and in stock, compared to our local john deere dealership.

If you have time, it can definitely pay to shop around.

Oh, one more.... our sunflower disk that exploded a wing fold cylinder while unhooked sometime over the winter/spring. Broke the ears off the cylinder head, local dealer couldn't get parts for the cylinder so was told a complete cylinder was the only fix at over $1000, went to a hyd shop in Edmonton and got a new head and seal kit for under $100.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I'm sure there will be lots of ag part replies so here's a different dept. Went to Walmart to get new blades for my Phillips triple head shaver, $59, new rechargeable shaver with the same blades $49. I get to choose which one to throw away, hows that for a green world?
KWO likes this.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
It really is shitty.... it's a throw away society.... I've said it before engineers are paid no longer to make a quality product but, to make a product that lasts as long as there is warranty...
I will never buy a big ticket appliance with out as much extended warranty as I can get.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post

I was thinking of guessing the full price, not just the taxes! But if you want to do that that's fine too!! lol
Holy **** I knew I was low but didn't think I was that low. I was going to put down $30-40 but decided against it. That's past ridiculous.

So since we are playing a guessing game on what things cost:

A few weeks back youngest daughter fell off parked atv in shop, kids screwing around pushing and shoving, stupid kid stuff and accidents happen. Couple hours later she was out of it then started screaming and acting exceptionally strange then vomiting so I assume concussion/head trauma. Daughter was 100% fine next day but this was a serious situation at the time, so...

Ambulance called and did a paramedic tier with local hospital, at ER she received sedatives to relax her for a CT scan and MRI and other X-Rays and blood work. Since it was a head injury on a young child protocol is to pediatric unit, 3 choices to go to picked Iowa City as all were same distance so paramedic transfer by ground ambulance 2 hours one way to that ER and more scans/X-Rays/tests and an overnight in the pied unit. Pied unit stay was from around 00:30 to 13:30. Trauma team saw her, pied team saw her, rehab team saw her, and some other teams.

What that cost?

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
cuptusa North of 60,000 and if it just happened you will likely have more bills coming.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Holy **** I knew I was low but didn't think I was that low. I was going to put down $30-40 but decided against it. That's past ridiculous.

So since we are playing a guessing game on what things cost:

A few weeks back youngest daughter fell off parked atv in shop, kids screwing around pushing and shoving, stupid kid stuff and accidents happen. Couple hours later she was out of it then started screaming and acting exceptionally strange then vomiting so I assume concussion/head trauma. Daughter was 100% fine next day but this was a serious situation at the time, so...

Ambulance called and did a paramedic tier with local hospital, at ER she received sedatives to relax her for a CT scan and MRI and other X-Rays and blood work. Since it was a head injury on a young child protocol is to pediatric unit, 3 choices to go to picked Iowa City as all were same distance so paramedic transfer by ground ambulance 2 hours one way to that ER and more scans/X-Rays/tests and an overnight in the pied unit. Pied unit stay was from around 00:30 to 13:30. Trauma team saw her, pied team saw her, rehab team saw her, and some other teams.

What that cost?
About $12 if you were in Australia
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko87 View Post
About $12 if you were in Australia
Geez, it would be $350.00 here, that is cheap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page