US ban on HUAWEI - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 18Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-27-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I’ve had Samsung’s, LG and Blackberry and IPhone IMO you can’t beat an iPhone for simplicity and durability.

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-27-2019, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
All top cell phones are really close competitors, wawei is the cheapest .
Think none of them made in western world , they all spy hahaha unless you put them on your drill and after two hours it’s gone .
What a gong show those tariffs , if my business partners treat me like that I quit buying or selling from them .
Can’t see any possible positive long term. end result coming out off such behaviour

bob123 and CSchraefel like this.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-27-2019, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
was reading that huawei actually uses google services to improve user experience so info is used both by google and huawei. kind of strange how we always trust the brands that have been here the longest just because we think there safe doesnt mean they are. huawei is actualy way ahead in technology and makes good stuff its just too bad that they have got caught up in the whole political thing. its kind of the same as deere buying out companies or saying certain things about competition because they are behind and as soon as they made a quadtrac it was the best thing ever. i like free markets and competition but there is no such thing out there anymore it seems like.
Ridge likes this.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-28-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
The real question is which detective and car would drive with your old reliable Motorola talking devices?

Or

Last edited by bigbudluvr; 05-28-2019 at 12:39 AM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-28-2019, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
I am far more concerned at the rate they are taking over Africa, with a war, without shooting a single bullet.
Lending money, that they know the country cannot pay back. And then taking over assets for payment.
They control some of the biggest ports in east Africa and own most of the irrigation land along the lakes in the Nile system.
In a few years, most parts of Eastern Africa, will be in Chinese control. They will no longer be needing imports from the USA and Canada to supply them with soybeans and corn.
Our country is falling in the same trap, with a large part of our coal and metal reserves being sold of to china, with a direct train line, they plan to build to maputo harbor (which they control).
So don't know if a couple of cellphones is the real problem, it is a matter of concern, but I think there is a bigger problem waiting.
kevlar likes this.

Nou wat nou?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-28-2019, 12:47 PM
NDF

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Refusing a hostile foreign power access to your domestic data network is not paranoia. Allowing it would be dereliction of duty.
Valley Farmer, BrianTee and SWMan like this.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Unread 05-28-2019, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
This will give you a chill, or at least it should. What they have found out about Echo Dot Kids. Most importantly, who the he11 would buy one of these?

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/09/...drens-privacy/
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Ah the old XJ/YJ where night shift could listen to you romance your wife you hadn't seen for 3 months. Either that or Art Bell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in