When trust is a two way street! - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,378
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4675 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
He was a mechanic by trade... a young European immigrant. I've worked with some of them that didn't trust banks much.
Huh, interesting, not the potential answer I expected.

Don Boles is online now  
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:53 AM
Member
 
OilandAg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SE Sask
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
I'll let Don get into specifics of his engine but OilandAg, you got me curious as by any chance is you're C13 a 2008 model or newer which has the DPF ?
No, 2006 pre DEF

OilandAg is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Funny, the previous cheque had missed the only load I hauled with my smaller, pos Cat engined Freighliner.
Really no point to this post, I just appreciate any opportunity to call my Cat engine a pos!


There is no class in fiberglass !

The most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth .............The naked truth is better than any best dressed lie .
Prohay is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Grande Prairie area, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilandAg View Post
No, 2006 pre DEF

All these acronyms, I don't know that Cat even got that far to have diesel exhaust fluid, what I was referring to was the diesel particulate filter and the fuel injector system into that contraption. That was what spelled the end for Cat as it was a nightmare of problems. Your's would not have that fortunately so was this twin turbo or IVA issues, or the single oring system on the liners, or other items.

Emissions and inventing things to combat that have not been kind to the engines and certainly not the pocket book at all to put it mildly.
Northern Farmer is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:36 PM
Member
 
OilandAg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SE Sask
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
All these acronyms, I don't know that Cat even got that far to have diesel exhaust fluid, what I was referring to was the diesel particulate filter and the fuel injector system into that contraption. That was what spelled the end for Cat as it was a nightmare of problems. Your's would not have that fortunately so was this twin turbo or IVA issues, or the single oring system on the liners, or other items.

Emissions and inventing things to combat that have not been kind to the engines and certainly not the pocket book at all to put it mildly.
Sorry I miss read your last post. We’ve had a cracked head and we also had a crankshaft bearing go which caused a whole lot of problems and ended up having to do a complete rebuild. I am far from a diesel engine mechanic I don’t know all of the details however, it wasn’t even an in frame rebuild.
OilandAg is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Grande Prairie area, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilandAg View Post
Sorry I miss read your last post. We’ve had a cracked head and we also had a crankshaft bearing go which caused a whole lot of problems and ended up having to do a complete rebuild. I am far from a diesel engine mechanic I don’t know all of the details however, it wasn’t even an in frame rebuild.

No worries, all these three letter abbreviated terms. I shudder at the idea of having to dole out for an engine rebuild or in your case having an engine pulled and redone or worst case the engine block is scrap metal. Hard to say what happened with that bearing but winter time and starting an engine with the wrong oil viscosity and also not plugged in for long enough or at all can compound that potential chance of turning a bearing is what I have heard and that is just bad all the way around.

Don, I think I just destroyed you're thread LOL, then again to hear of others and their engine horror stories may help you feel better ... not.
Northern Farmer is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,378
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4675 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Don, I think I just destroyed you're thread LOL, then again to hear of others and their engine horror stories may help you feel better ... not.
Never like to hear about bad luck from anyone including me, ha ha.

Never worry much about threads that have pretty much run their course running off course.
Don Boles is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome