Cars you regret selling - The Combine Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Cars you regret selling

Modern day cars came up in another thread so I thought I'd throw it open...
When I was 21 I had a genuine HG Bathurst Monaro.
350 Chev, big tank, torque rods, plates...the real deal, not a knock off.
Looked very similar to this...
1970 HG Bathurst Monaro GTS 350 Holden Matching Numbers 81837 ? luxury vehicle For Sale in Brisbane, QLD, Australia | LuxuryAutoMotoSale.com

Sold it for bugger all. Now, genuine ones in mint condition are priceless.

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Oh boy! Do you wake up every day and give yourself a kick?
That is one heck of a collectible car. Equal to the XU1 and just behind the mighty Phase 3 GT.

I never had anything that collectible.
I had a couple of Holden's that could be seen as a bit collectible...an LJ Torana and an HZ GTS that was stolen three times. Third time it didn't come back, so technically I didn't actually sell that. Would like to still have it.
I had a couple of modified XD falcon's, but they are hardly collectible.

Auscocky likes this.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 06-23-2019 at 08:53 AM.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I regret selling my old prime mover, t604 with a c16 at 650 odd horse will never find one that goes like it again.
I'd hate to think how many gto's, monaros, Brocks etc were bought flogged and destroyed by shearers in the 70s and 80s seems like all the older ones I know had one of them at some stage
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscocky View Post
Modern day cars came up in another thread so I thought I'd throw it open...
When I was 21 I had a genuine HG Bathurst Monaro.
350 Chev, big tank, torque rods, plates...the real deal, not a knock off.
Looked very similar to this...
1970 HG Bathurst Monaro GTS 350 Holden Matching Numbers 81837 ? luxury vehicle For Sale in Brisbane, QLD, Australia | LuxuryAutoMotoSale.com

Sold it for bugger all. Now, genuine ones in mint condition are priceless.

I regret selling my farm! But didn't really have a lot of say in that, the Ex and the bank saw to that
BrianTee likes this.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1518 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko87 View Post
I'd hate to think how many gto's, monaros, Brocks etc were bought flogged and destroyed by shearers in the 70s and 80s seems like all the older ones I know had one of them at some stage
Think of all the Dodge Challengers destroyed in the Dukes of Hazzard series, it was around 1-3 per episode I bet.

You guys that grew up in the muscle car era sure had a lot of fun toys, pretty jealous of that. Dad had a '72 Mercury Cougar convertible with a 350 Winsor in it, I used to think it was fast when I was young, drove it this week and my wife's '19 Dodge Durango would make an ass out of it. You sure can't beat the way the old 350 rumbles though, piped out that car sounds pretty sweet.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
I never grew up in the muscle care era (graduated high school '96) but had friends that had some sweet muscle cars and completely destroyed them. Can't remember them all or the the years of them, but there were Dusters, Chevelles, 'Lil Red Express truck and a few mid to late '70's trucks that were really done up nice. Some guys changed cars like underwear, but me on the other hand have only had 3 trucks! The first one was dad's '76 Ford that he gave me, then I bought a '90 Ford, and now have a '04 Ford. I like to get my monies worth when I buy them!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Regret selling my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 four speed a fun car
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
My old man sold his Plymouth GTX when I was 10....(my mother made him!) well before I was old enough to drive!

It made its way to a collector who restored it and contacted us for some details and original bill of sale.

Made it clear to him thereís a blank cheque here when heís ready to part with it.

This is as close to as I remember how it looked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 63C39A9D-CD2C-4DD7-A43D-7BE33C5EC7DC.jpeg (84.3 KB, 10 views)
lynas, skfarmboy, Auscocky and 2 others like this.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Think of all the Dodge Challengers destroyed in the Dukes of Hazzard series, it was around 1-3 per episode I bet.

You guys that grew up in the muscle car era sure had a lot of fun toys, pretty jealous of that. Dad had a '72 Mercury Cougar convertible with a 350 Winsor in it, I used to think it was fast when I was young, drove it this week and my wife's '19 Dodge Durango would make an ass out of it. You sure can't beat the way the old 350 rumbles though, piped out that car sounds pretty sweet.
They were Chargers not challengers. I read that they went through 350 of them throughout the season. The "jump" cars had cement in the trunk to keep them from nosediving. I graduated HS in 1980. I was driving a '57 chevy 2dr HDT and other kids drove those late 60's muscle cars to school, Chevelles, Chargers, Firebirds/cameros "stands etc. They were cool but, at 10-15 years old were just cheap old cars. One guy drove a Hemi road runner. Drove the $hit out of it. When I brought my '57 home in '79, my Dad looked and it and said what did you buy THAT for??. I said "It's a '57 chevy!!" He said "I know what it is, why would you buy it??". It can be difficult to see something as a "cool collectable" when you remember them new on the lot.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
My old man sold his Plymouth GTX when I was 10....(my mother made him!) well before I was old enough to drive!

It made its way to a collector who restored it and contacted us for some details and original bill of sale.

Made it clear to him thereís a blank cheque here when heís ready to part with it.

This is as close to as I remember how it looked.
A local farmer had a '69 road runner when he was younger, sold it for peanuts. The guy that bought it smashed it up a couple months later and his passenger ended up paralyzed. The farmer could have bought it back for nothing and fixed it but couldn't bear to have the car that paralyzed someone. He just bought a sweet '69 runner last year, same as the one he had except for the colour. Something like $94,000CAD by the time it landed in his yard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page