Leon's Manufacturing Owes Me Money - Page 6 - The Combine Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
I hate lawyers with passion, but this is where one would have been on top of this a long time ago. If you haven't talked to one, I would suggest you do so. Time is not on your side.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

But not just any lawyer. You need a pit bull. Too many lawyers just want to go along to get along - piling up paper so they can bill you by the inch. You need one with a bad rep.

R.J.(Bob) Evans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Or a good rep for being a ruthless mofo...

post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
They must of updated their paper work. Ours only had a blank space for the serial number to be written into, so when I picked it up I just added to my copy of the bill, and emailed them it when I got home. Probably wasn't the right way to handle the situation, but I probably never would have gotten it otherwise.
kevlar likes this.
post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Leon's is no 3 men and a welding machine kind of shop. You can bet there are records of everything. Including if they did or didn't send a brand new scraper to a customer. You can bet that admins and other people in the chain know whether or not there is a $40,000 piece of equipment on the books that is paid for but not delivered. This is not something just the boss man knows about and everything is swept under the rug. At work we were building things that were on the books for 2 years from receipt of order to delivery and everything was tracked in the job right down to $2 items on a $250,000 unit. And it was both us and the admins tracking this stuff and the managers watching costs piling up and asking when it will be shipped and billed to get off the books. Accountants get involved too.

So I have little doubt if the right person (someone with legal standing) goes into the Leon office and starts asking admins or office people about a particular item that there will be a few people who will know exactly what is being discussed and will be coughing up a paper trail if they are legally required to do so. A cheque taken into a manufacturing business and cashed then disappearing with no product delivered doesn't just happen.
Payment is received and the item is logged in for manufacturing and then delivery and lots of people are watching cash flow and unfilled obligations. The cycle does not simply end in mid process and no one knows anything about it.
kevlar likes this.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF cowboy View Post
Kevlar you didn't answer if you have the prescribed provincial form for the sale of a new farm implement?
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/business...implements-act
Scroll down to the appropriate form for new farm implements.
If this form was used you fall under Saskatchewan provincial law.
The form is clear in what rights you have.

Sorry I never replied before. No, there isn't a form like this. Do you know the number I could call? I checked out the link and couldn't find a number anywhere, my internet is brutally slow tonight so I lost patience! It looks like they were required to give me one, or operate under one, will this work to my advantage?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
One thing that concerns me is the time that has passed, there are limits on how long something like this can go on before your rights to pursue thru legal channels are closed, many matters it is two years from date of loss or event occurring.

I am a huge believer in walk softly and carry a big stick, who remembers the real Walking Tall and the story behind it lol, but again there is a time and place for that and a situation like this is def not one where you want to be doing that.

I hate lawyers with passion, but this is where one would have been on top of this a long time ago. If you haven't talked to one, I would suggest you do so. Time is not on your side.

No, I by no means would go there looking for a fight, I know that would be the worst thing I could do. I just think being there in person might put a little fear into them. I have been very careful with what I say in the phone conversations and emails, and even keep everything I say on here civil as everything can come back to haunt a guy if you fly off the handle and make threats. I do have a lawyer working on it and have been for awhile now.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

But not just any lawyer. You need a pit bull. Too many lawyers just want to go along to get along - piling up paper so they can bill you by the inch. You need one with a bad rep.
Yes, there are a LOT of passive lawyers out there, TOO many, though I had the misfortune of hiring a "Pitbull", only to find out later that his rapport with every judge and justice of the peace was SO poor that nobody took him seriously, let alone even like him; - my matter was doomed from the start. If you can find a "passive aggressive" lawyer with a trend of winning or resolving matters, you've found "gold"! Not sure how you would find that info though.
adsinaus likes this.

Last edited by NoColourPreference; 08-29-2019 at 10:21 AM.
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
Leon's is no 3 men and a welding machine kind of shop. You can bet there are records of everything. Including if they did or didn't send a brand new scraper to a customer. You can bet that admins and other people in the chain know whether or not there is a $40,000 piece of equipment on the books that is paid for but not delivered. This is not something just the boss man knows about and everything is swept under the rug. At work we were building things that were on the books for 2 years from receipt of order to delivery and everything was tracked in the job right down to $2 items on a $250,000 unit. And it was both us and the admins tracking this stuff and the managers watching costs piling up and asking when it will be shipped and billed to get off the books. Accountants get involved too.

So I have little doubt if the right person (someone with legal standing) goes into the Leon office and starts asking admins or office people about a particular item that there will be a few people who will know exactly what is being discussed and will be coughing up a paper trail if they are legally required to do so. A cheque taken into a manufacturing business and cashed then disappearing with no product delivered doesn't just happen.
Payment is received and the item is logged in for manufacturing and then delivery and lots of people are watching cash flow and unfilled obligations. The cycle does not simply end in mid process and no one knows anything about it.
I 100% agree but while reading I thought what if there is only one person that knows about it... what if the check was cashed and a dishonest employee transferred the money away to his/her bank account and altered the books...

I know that should be a long shot but this seems to be happening more and more. Of course Kevlar would have a record of payment on his end and presumably a cancelled check or equivalent to aid him and there would obviously be no record of unit delivery on either side.

Bottom line is somebody knows something.
Transaxial likes this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post

Bottom line is somebody knows something.
Bottom line is Kevlar is getting screwed!!!
post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Sorry I never replied before. No, there isn't a form like this. Do you know the number I could call? I checked out the link and couldn't find a number anywhere, my internet is brutally slow tonight so I lost patience! It looks like they were required to give me one, or operate under one, will this work to my advantage?
I couldn't find the phone # either but if you look at the compensation form in the link it has a phone # listed.
That # is the farm land security board.
I would call there first.
It was only a one man office ten years back or so last I had any contact with the farm machinery board.
But the guy knew his stuff.
Was very helpful for me when I had issues with a new machine not working properly that no one wanted to repair.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page