Wobble Box mount trouble - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wobble Box mount trouble

I can't seem to keep the wobble box mount tight on my 222 platform header. I started having trouble last year while cutting milo. In 300 acres it came loose 2 or 3 times, and so far this year I've only cut 15 acres of oats and it's loose again. I've tried putting locktight on the grade 8 bolts but they still come loose. Any ideas? Could it be the blades are dull and putting alot of strain on the mount? If that's the case, how many acres should you get out of a set of blades? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Re: Wobble Box mount trouble

Does the end of the header that the wobble box is mounted seem to shake more than usual? It could be that the bearing on the bottom of the wobble box is about to go out. Had to replace the bearing on a 930 head a few years back. The head would shake, and once the bearing was replaced it was back to normal.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Is it the entire box coming loose or the two knife head bolts that arent keeping tight? I guess Im not sure which bolts your exactly talking about. The bolts that mount the gearcase to the mount. Or the ones that attach the mount to the header? If Its the two 1/2" bolts on the knife head the arm and pillow block may be worn smooth. Supposed to be horizontal grooves so they mesh which sets the height of the first few knives in the guardes. Once they wear smooth, theres no keeping them tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM

check your ball joint on left end beween seal and skid shoe that is attached to cast arm , if it is bad it will vibrate bad and give you trouble gl
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Another thing to check is the the wobble box mounts and the rest of the end of the header that the wobble box sits on for cracks. They can cause bolts to loosen up and if you do have another vibration that could cause the end to crack up. It is a fairly common thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page