The best STS Model. the 9770 - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
Everyone always pisses and moans about the reliability and build quality of newer machines, then go and compare them to 9600's or 1680's, so on and so forth.

Yet they all seem to fail to realize these new ones have so much more power and hammer so much more grain through them than those did.
Sure they have more power, then why wouldn't they engineer them to match that power? Seems pretty simple.

The manufactures need some pushback from farmers to smarten up, they can't build a $450,000 and claim 30ac/hr and then its sits at the edge of the field with a service tech & a laptop. Maybe your willing to be complacent with this new generation of iron but i'm certainly not. Doesn't matter if your buying a brand new combine or a 5 year old one, most farms can't afford the new ones so they have to buy used, the current crop of used ones are going to be a nightmare, no warranty left and huge parts repair bills. It will affect everyone down the line.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Farmer View Post
My local Deere shop service manager who I trust personally says they have seen the average work order on the Rotary combines get cut in half from the 9600's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stateag View Post
My average bill to customers for their 9600's are on average from $2500-$4500. My sts customers are from $3500-$6500.
Hmm, which quote should I believe?

post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I am also looking for aftermarket parts so back to the original question what are the good concaves and also chopper parts to put on our 9770's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Don't presume you know anything about me. Not sure how being a "big player" (as you describe) has anything todo with it, people ask questions on the forum and I share my experiences, no bragging or embellishing required, if you don't like it I'm sure your internet browser has an exit or close button.

The way you show a manufacturer your unhappy is tell them, otherwise they will keep making the same product. Fill out surveys, talk to product reps, etc.
SWFarmService likes this.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
I'm sure you have an opinion of me, just as I have formed one of you by reading your posts over the last couple years.
No I haven't formed an opinion, because I don't know you. People on the internet are very different in person. I have no hard feelings towards you, and have no intention of making enemies. That's why I use my real name and location on here, to be as genuine as possible. You seem bound and determined to attack my statements rather than having a discussion. If I met you in person I would shake your hand and have a friendly conversation.
V876, the geeze and SWFarmService like this.

post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 08:51 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
No I haven't formed an opinion, because I don't know you. People on the internet are very different in person. I have no hard feelings towards you, and have no intention of making enemies. That's why I use my real name and location on here, to be as genuine as possible. You seem bound and determined to attack my statements rather than having a discussion. If I met you in person I would shake your hand and have a friendly conversation.
What an excellent answer Jason!
Except...
I can give you about ten members from here who I've actually face to face met, several times in some cases, and I'm pretty sure they'd tell you what you see here is what you get with me.
I don't think I'm capable of faking an identity, too much like work!
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Jason:

You or whoever it is in your avatar with a gun in hand has bothered me from when I first posted on the site.

I am not sure why this is used, if it is a macho thing, it does not lead to any credibility to your posts.
For me it detracts with anything you say here.
ogeeez likes this.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Hmm, which quote should I believe?
From our experience the maintenance on the STS's is far more expensive than the 9x00 and 9x10 series machines. But then again I have heard others say they spend less on the STS. Most around here are finding higher repair bills on their STS's.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetter View Post
Jason:

You or whoever it is in your avatar with a gun in hand has bothered me from when I first posted on the site.

I am not sure why this is used, if it is a macho thing, it does not lead to any credibility to your posts.
For me it detracts with anything you say here.
It's my picture in the avatar, it was a fun picture that was taken for Movember (a charity where you grow a mustache to raise money). And I'm a proud hunter & gun owner. It's not intended to be threatening.

post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd 63 View Post
I am also looking for aftermarket parts so back to the original question what are the good concaves and also chopper parts to put on our 9770's
We've had good luck with Redekop chopper hammers in our factory choppers on our 9750 and 9760.

Straw Spreader Equipment - Straw Chopper Equipment. | Redekop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page