Alrighty! Let me have it. Claas 670 or Deere T670? - The Combine Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Alrighty! Let me have it. Claas 670 or Deere T670?

Been through the John Deere gamut the past 20 years. Currently running 9870, couple 9770, 9660 and still have 9610 banging around... We harvest larges acreage of oats, barley, flax, canola and soybeans with a short harvest window of Sept till Nov 15.

To put it short im at my witts end fixing STS combines. This fall we have went through the usual excessive amounts of excellerator and discharge beater belts. Two fans through radiators, a complete shaker pan meltodown, two cleaning fan explosions and two AC compressors. We dont have near enough hours on these machines to say they are worn but they are acting like junk with a couple thousand seperator hours. Not to mention down time on muggy evenings when dew sets in early.....

The old 9610 on the other hand just keeps plugging away up and down the field. Tough as nails

So im really interested in going back to conventional machine and pretty much narrowed it down to 670's.... I have a John Deere dealer locally but dont like some options Deere is lacking for T670. Claas dealer 5-1/2 hours away but have the options I want....

Let me know your track record for both Deere and Claas 670 machines

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 725 Post(s)
I'm sure the Claas is a better machine but 5.5 hours would be too far for me. They all break eventually.

dschill likes this.

As a farmer, you learn quick: You dont get anything that you dont work hard for
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Which combines lost the fans? Seen my post about 9870 fan at 1400hrs?
Any warranty/insurance/dealer help? Did you or dealer check fan play at all?
I am very disappointed with the reliability.

On the 670 did you see thread below?

Finally harvest near...3 weeks late, still COLD, WET(

Last edited by fjlip; 09-16-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

9870 puked fans 2800 engine hours then again 44 hours later... Pure crap! My dealer is working for me
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Yeah, 5.5 hrs is too far for something as critical as a combine. It's like marriage you have to learn to love what you've been given. I would switch to the T series though given your conditions.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:12 AM
X80

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Alot seem to complain about T670 throwing lots of grain over...some guys in the UK have them and have the same issue, and the NH equivalent and claas is much better capacity wise...when you look at the designs there all similar and can't work out why the deere is throwing grain, is it sieve or walker loss no one has ever said?.

I'd go ride in both because if that claas 670 is as good as they say it's going to alot more profitable and have alot less hours on it per year if it's travelling 30-40% quicker than the deere...I'm a deere walker fan so would love to have a play with a T670.

Don't quote me but I think deere is working with a few owners in Uk to see why the grain loss is occurring and they can't keep up with similar machines..

Also fuel use in claas might be less?...

Hard to beat 9000 series for reliability if you look after them..!..

Ant..
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

I do have a great New Holland dealer locally.... The unfortunate thing is there are ZERO New Holland combines in this area. I actually have never stood beside a New Holland machine...

I would just love to get a CX8.8, a Deere T670 and a Claas 670 in the same field and let'm have for the day.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
We run a Claas 670 and love it this is our 4th harvest with it. Our dealers here Sask can make a parts box with all the belts, filters, sensors and anything else you may need. Not sure if your dealer does that or not but maybe ask seeing as your five hours away. Claas combines seem very well built in 14 years we have never had a major breakdown on the 4 combines we've had. We do keep belts and a few other things on hand if we do break something.
aussie.ltd. likes this.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:35 AM
crw

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I would just love to get a CX8.8, a Deere T670 and a Claas 670 in the same field and let'm have for the day.[/QUOTE]

Push hard to make this happen. Put the offer out to all 3 and make a field day out of it. If you have that many combines, the dealers should be willing to bring some machines out with guys to set them up. If it does happen, report back on your findings. I'm hoping the cx wins
dschill likes this.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 11:03 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4673 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschill View Post
I do have a great New Holland dealer locally.... The unfortunate thing is there are ZERO New Holland combines in this area. I actually have never stood beside a New Holland machine...

I would just love to get a CX8.8, a Deere T670 and a Claas 670 in the same field and let'm have for the day.
But there's probably zero Claass as well.
If you can get one of those parts boxes and you are pretty handy/don't mind working on it yourself maybe the Claas wouldn't be a bad try.

No question it's a vastly better machine than the other 670, lots of evidence to that effect on this forum lately.

Last edited by Don Boles; 09-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page