The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   John Deere (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/4-john-deere/)
-   -   s670 exhaust preasure code (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/4-john-deere/280433-s670-exhaust-preasure-code.html)

smith ventures inc 10-28-2016 02:00 PM

s670 exhaust preasure code

s670 sending a code saying I have low exhaust pressure and then putting combine into limp mode. If you shut it off and wait a few minutes it will reset. Also if you can push it real hard until the point off almost plugging, it usally will for some reason, reset itself but not all the time. Seems like it does it more when its cool outside in early morning or late evening. Also seems like it is wanting to do a burn a lot more. can anyone help with the problem?

DieselLaptops 10-28-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith ventures inc (Post 2631569)
s670 sending a code saying I have low exhaust pressure and then putting combine into limp mode. If you shut it off and wait a few minutes it will reset. Also if you can push it real hard until the point off almost plugging, it usally will for some reason, reset itself but not all the time. Seems like it does it more when its cool outside in early morning or late evening. Also seems like it is wanting to do a burn a lot more. can anyone help with the problem?

What is the code number you have? We can pull you the troubleshooting from John Deere.

smith ventures inc 10-29-2016 06:26 PM

I don't know the code number right now, but when it set a code before it said it was a faulty pressure sensor. I put a new one in, and with not many hours after that it did the same thing giving me the same code , so I put another one in. Not many hours after that it has done it again , so their is must be some other problem

trav008 11-03-2016 04:54 PM

If the code is for exhaust pressure mismatch issue is most likely egr cooler plugged. Those ones tend to crack and leak antifreeze internally then plug up and will throw that code because no flow is detected when egr valve opens. Also makes sense why it doesn't do it as much when pushing it hard as egr valve won't be opening when under heavy load.

Barn door 11-06-2016 09:49 AM

If it does it when it's trying to clean the exhaust it is a plugger egr cooler like Trav said. Our 660 did this at 1200 hrs. Would run fine picking 8 rows of corn, the extra load when we switched to beans set it off constantly.

It's a pretty labor intensive deal to replace the cooler.

smith ventures inc 11-09-2016 08:30 PM

Thanks guys for the information, I will investigate and see what I come up with