Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YHMARK View Post
Murphy switch gauge make a great 3 wire that will work for shut down
The shutdown will be initiated remotely via a LoRa Feather up to 2 miles away, or by passing outside of a geo fence, or potential collision with an object detected by LIDAR.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVW View Post
Why? Just curious.
It will be driven by computers autonomously. Need a more reliable shutdown.

I know i can put a big solenoid and yank the control, but that may fail/bind. Dropping power is much more reliable.

Thanks BMich, i will look into that!
Seems to me, a fuel shut off should be quite a bit easier than electric gearshift, clutch, etc. What are your plans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
The Murphy Push or Pull Solenoid part numbers are rp2309b or E65840
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHMARK View Post
The Murphy Push or Pull Solenoid part numbers are rp2309b or E65840
Yes, this will work. Easier then taking the pump apart since its all on the inside between the block and pump.

Thx.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Yes, this will work. Easier then taking the pump apart since its all on the inside between the block and pump.

Thx.
Pictures of you project as you go? I presume you aren't trying to make it raise and lower the implement for turning? Or are you going to run an electric actuator on one of the SCV's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck View Post
Pictures of you project as you go? I presume you aren't trying to make it raise and lower the implement for turning? Or are you going to run an electric actuator on one of the SCV's?
I ordered a murphy solenoid. Will work perfectly - thanks again for even the part #!

Actually AgOpenGPS does that already, section control, autgo steer, auto headland.....

Three main topics right here in combine forum under Technology. AgOpenGPS, DIY Autosteer, AgraBot.

AgraBot follows a recorded path made by AgOpenGPS. AgOpenGPS has AB Line, Contour guidance with, since this is the John Deere page, ItecPro like full auto headland turns and can control relays for sequenced action. Since companies like JD will not publish CanBus codes, we need to still bypass switches etc, but hopefully we can start cracking some of their secrets.

All the plans, discussion, tutorials, videos, schematics, access to free and fully open source code on the entire project is there. Also there are topics are full RTK for ag for under 2K$.

Its all being developed by the community from all over the world and AgOpen also has 7 different languages now. Its just over a year old and the project started by me needing section control for our drill since we had an outback S2 RTK. It kinda got away on me and morphed into this monster.

Working right now on a autonomous grain cart module/autonomous tractor module.

There is also OpenGrade which is ditching software, and OpenOrchard which is specifically for orchard spraying - again all free. All the software runs on Window based computers. The hardware is built on Arduino, a small extremely powerful and very inexpensive small computer board.

Precision Ag will never be the same. You tube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FarmerBrianTee/videos

Best video there, in my opinion, is when my wife builds a 2 channel section control module in about 10 minutes.....

Source code and programs for everything.... https://github.com/farmerbriantee?tab=repositories

The latest AgraBot video. Just hit the button once, watch it drive to the start of the field, do the whole field, return and park where it started. Was finally warm enough to play around with the tractor, so i made a path all thru the yard, and then it just followed it all autonomously, parked back in front of the shed where i started.

Last edited by BrianTee; 03-01-2018 at 11:29 AM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
****, you are a smart man.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Somehow if I tried this I know there would also be a Utube video involved, but it would have an old John Deere pulling a plow through a small village...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page