The Combine Forum banner

pea harvest

11K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  buckslayr 
#1 · (Edited)
same as last year,I have peas going over with the straw,how can I stop this,I shouldnt have to go 3 mph,concave on 12, 480 rotor.900 wind.9870JD with 35ft FD70, could my rotor be too fast and carrying them over, I tried slower and it seemed worse.

#4 ·
what concaves are you using? Do the peas fit through the concave? I have never even worried about your problem. I do have shatter from the reel or pods just popping open and dropping them on the ground. I have not had loss from the combine. How do you know it is rotor loss? When peas are ripe they are the easiest thrashing crop I have cut. I have ran into problems with pods in the tank but that is different.

#15 ·
Usually we run into cracking if we don’t keep the rotor full or if moisture gets down below 12. 15-20 is just right for our bins. Need the speed for centripetal force.

Those yields are quite a bit better than the 45 we had in central ND. We had a 60bu stand that didn’t fill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.