John Deere cab noise - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
rod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
John Deere cab noise

Now this is not a throw 💩 at JD thread however, Iím interested in what others think of the lack of noise suppression in a JD cab.
Iíve had JD combines over the years & have always thought the cab noise wasnít too bad ........ until I owned NH & Case machines!
Iím currently operating a JD CP690 (cotton picker) & the cab noise is simply terrible!
I realise the cab design is some 28 years old - this cab was made when the 9600ís came out! The 600hp behind & underneath, the two great air seeder fans running at 4320rpm just underneath you, the six gearboxes & two hydraulic motors right in front of the cab, the masses of gears, spindle bars etc etc, all hammering around in the cabinets - pumps out a huge amount of noise ....... & quite frankly, this 28 year old cab design is utterly woeful in suppressing noise. Wearing noise cancelling headphones in a $1.3m 2 year old machine is in my opinion, far from satisfactory.
So is the new cab on the S series combines much quieter than the older S series machines? How about the tractors, are they quiet in the cab?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
My biggest complaint with all the newer JD cabs is the HVAC system right above the seat. Turn it up past half and it gets quit loud. The sprayers have a lot of engine noise also.

Windmillfarms likes this.

Brent.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Barn
Say what?
Ozzie and iksn like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
S series combines are considerably more quiet than previous generations. IMO 9R series are the quietest articulated and I've tested them all except Class. It might be quieter due to CVT.

Agree on the HVAC, but most are that way now.

Sprayers might be the loudest though. Did a noise test on our 4930 climbing a hill the other day. Only 77dB but it's the hydro whine that kills you.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
My biggest complaint with all the newer JD cabs is the HVAC system right above the seat. Turn it up past half and it gets quit loud. The sprayers have a lot of engine noise also.
88 decibel before and went down to 72, dynamat under the floor and under the hood, world of a difference. Not deaf at the end of the day
Licensed to kill likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
88 decibel before and went down to 72, dynamat under the floor and under the hood, world of a difference. Not deaf at the end of the day
On the sprayer ? Have any pics ?

Brent.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
On the sprayer ? Have any pics ?
Yes they are on the laptop, ill get it in the morning its updating now as always.
You can buy dynamat on amazon, and under the hood is different its heat and fire resistant more, i bought it through our deere dealer, it is used in trucking industry under the hoods.
Licensed to kill likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 12:03 AM

Yea I’m into old vehicles, lots of different products. What model did you do?

Brent.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsy060 View Post

Sprayers might be the loudest though. Did a noise test on our 4930 climbing a hill the other day. Only 77dB but it's the hydro whine that kills you.
No way only 77, no way.
My kenworth at idle is 77 and spending a day in there is no sweat. A 4930 is pretty much ridiculous!

God Bless America
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
Yes they are on the laptop, ill get it in the morning its updating now as always.
You can buy dynamat on amazon, and under the hood is different its heat and fire resistant more, i bought it through our deere dealer, it is used in trucking industry under the hoods.
Ever try lizard skin?
I've got some dynamat for the steigers but I absolutely love the lizard skin I put in my panther.
Spray it on like bed liner, it's just as tuff and makes a really nice textured finish for where you want noise insulation that's visible.
They have a ceramic one I want to try on the tiger to help reject heat. I may even put the sound deadner under the hood.

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page