9760 are air conditioner - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
9760 are air conditioner

I have a 2005 9760sts that we have fought the air conditioner on for over 5 years. Started off working intermittently depending in direction in the field and if 1 or 2 people in cab. Worked better in mornings. New compressor on few years back. Worked all last season and first day out of shed this year. Now it won't blow cold and the heat doesn't work either. Both low and high pressure switch are working and the compressor is not engaging. Does anyone know of a circuit or a fuse or had this problem before?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Does your machine have digital controls for the climat control? I could see them using a circuit board and controller.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No it has just the 2 knobs for fan and temp control. Fan control works fine but the temp control doesn't change a thing. No heat and no cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthied1 View Post
I have a 2005 9760sts that we have fought the air conditioner on for over 5 years. Started off working intermittently depending in direction in the field and if 1 or 2 people in cab. Worked better in mornings. New compressor on few years back. Worked all last season and first day out of shed this year. Now it won't blow cold and the heat doesn't work either. Both low and high pressure switch are working and the compressor is not engaging. Does anyone know of a circuit or a fuse or had this problem before?
I also have 2005 9760 sts and noticed the same problem. I wonder if it is the temperature sensor for the auto climate control. When mine is in manual we can adjust temperature to ones liken. But When we have it on auto it seems to work intermittently. I think its a faileing sensor with a short. Let us know what you find out. Its frustrating because finding any short or failed circuit board is time consuming and expensive to fix. good luck
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
If the fan works and you just want a simple temp controller without the $1,500 digital wonder, buy a barn fan thermostat, wire it from 12V through the high and low switches and to the compressor clutch. Those digital ones can't sense the difference between sun shining in the window or not anyway. Just a little tweak on the dial and you are good.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 07:18 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4695 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transaxial View Post
Those digital ones can't sense the difference between sun shining in the window or not anyway.
The 2000 STS’s did have a raised bulb sunlight sensor on the armrest console.
As a result to this day that made it the best automatic climate control system I have ever been around.
Not sure how long it lasted and doubt it is on an 05 60 series, must save that dollar and 57 cents!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
The 2000 STSís did have a raised bulb sunlight sensor on the armrest console.
As a result to this day that made it the best automatic climate control system I have ever been around.
Not sure how long it lasted and doubt it is on an 05 60 series, must save that dollar and 57 cents!
My error! Did not know there was such a thing. Thanks Don! I learn something new every day when I come to CF! That does sound like it should work better. And now that it is not an option the machine should be considerably less money!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page