• 1 Post By rod
  • 1 Post By s6704940
  • 1 Post By kevlar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Adjustable front chaffer.

Looking for suggestions for aftermarket adjustable front chaffers for deere s670's, the deere part number is AXE13768,can't seem to find an aftermarket one.Deere want $1700 dollars and i think that's to much money.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
The cheapest option is to pull out the pre-cleaner and bend the welded louvers to 15-20mm clearance. I was going to cut and re weld, but a couple of small crescent wrenches did the job.

s6704940 likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
I would weld them all the way closed if I was going to go the fabrication route... Maybe there are some crops/yields that require them open a little, but I have them shut all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:58 PM
rod

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6704940 View Post
Looking for suggestions for aftermarket adjustable front chaffers for deere s670's, the deere part number is AXE13768,can't seem to find an aftermarket one.Deere want $1700 dollars and i think that's to much money.
You're choking at spending 1700 bucks ..... or thereabouts, for something that you've probably spent over $500,000 on, to make it more productive & more efficient in cereals & small seeds ......... Really!
Spraysmart likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
You're choking at spending 1700 bucks ..... or thereabouts, for something that you've probably spent over $500,000 on, to make it more productive & more efficient in cereals & small seeds ......... Really!
If there is something out there that is the same quality and cheaper that Deere started offering only after seeing customers putting in aftermarket,whats wrong giving my money to those people since I gave Deere $500 000 for each machine already. Were not exactly looking at a bumper crop on our dryland here, saving a couple hundred dollars everywhere starts to add up after a while.
kevlar likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
If there is something out there that is the same quality and cheaper that Deere started offering only after seeing customers putting in aftermarket,whats wrong giving my money to those people since I gave Deere $500 000 for each machine already. Were not exactly looking at a bumper crop on our dryland here, saving a couple hundred dollars everywhere starts to add up after a while.
You can get them for$1155 from Niels in Australia. Should only be 7-800 bucks to buy them over there you would think. Unfortunately doesn't list what the aftermarket brand is
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 879 Post(s)
Quote:

Exactly. Why over pay for parts and aftermarket items to a dealer when you have already overpaid for the machine in the first place. That's why they charge so much, in hopes that people will just get it from them instead of shopping around and getting it from someone who charges a decent price. I don't blame you one bit.
torriem likes this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Check out our precleaner panels-harvestsolutionsinc.com. $280/set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page