The Combine Forum banner

New JD Combine?

32K views 89 replies 41 participants last post by  iksn 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about the new JD combine that was out running last year.

#10 ·
Maybe it is all the want and little results? After a while expectations just make a person pop when it doesn't happen. ;) :slapping::troll-face-meme-smi

So, was this new machine happened to be spotted near the Valier are? Wheeler farms? I know they have had a few Deere test machines running there in the past. They do own one of the larger Deere dealerships for Montana.

#15 ·
I agree Grumpy, I don't really care what color of machine I drive, as long as I have quick prompt service is all I care about here in the Valley, Prefer Deere only because I got 4 dealers within half hour of each other. No green , orange or what ever color you call it combine close by.
I am interest in what this new machine is like. S 790 is getting a little long in the tooth already.!
Nothing runs like a deere!

#18 ·
The potential capacity of thing is certainly tight lipped. Not a cracker about it, out there.

Would have thought JD would let a little teaser slip since there’s been a couple of new release competition brands this year.

#28 ·
The potential capacity of thing is certainly tight lipped. Not a cracker about it, out there.
Would have thought JD would let a little teaser slip since there’s been a couple of new release competition brands this year.
That would be very unlike Deere, they never officially tease anything. They have gone to 4 new product releases per year based on fiscal qtrs, the 3rd qtr release will likely be at Farm Progress in the states but you likely won't hear a word of whats coming until the day of.

#27 ·
I think they have reached the point that most people just won't pay that kind of price now. I also don't think they are pushing new as hard as they used to, the markup on parts is their gravy, yes they make money on the new stuff they sell, but doubt is it 100% markup like with parts. I figured some of the dealers and ag companies might be feeling the pinch when we had more salesmen of all brands and companies in the yard this spring than we have had in the last 10 years combined. Even had John Deere out, they haven't set foot on our place in 20 years.

Reactions: bjtjjl
#35 ·
Looks like the new integrated receiver is on that unit. Tailings back on the left side and new skins. Wonder what's in the guts of the thing. Probably different rotor so now concaves from 60-Sseries won't fit. Which is fine as long as she performs well. Looks like the same length so would have to be different diameter rotor if that got changed. You hang a 50ft head on that unit here though you better be on tracks. Wonder what the weight is? We're at the point of having to do culvert pipe updates as it is to handle the 7760s and CP690s. Too heavy for some pipes put in 30 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.