S670 Can Bus ISOBUS Problem - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
My latest failure cost 2 days of seeding and a $1500 bill. Low oil pressure supposedly but not of course, just a dicky sensor.
If it took 2 days to diagnose that the pressure was good and the sensor was shot along with a bill that large, whoever was working on that machine is ripping you off, that's a dealer or mechanic problem. I had a brand new pickup give me low oil pressure warnings, it was also a sensor and not the actual motor. They tested the pressure and replaced the sensor in about 15 minutes.

On the same token if the oil pressure had been low and you kept running, what would the end result be? More than 2 days down and a lot more than $1500.

In any event I'm not going to change anyone's mind. Just next time someone asks for help with an electronic problem, maybe the best course of action is to reply with something helpful for the guy who was looking for help. Pointing out that the electronic problem that they are having is a "stupid waste of time and money and corporations stealing from you" doesn't get this guys combine going any faster.

kevlar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
I hate all kinds of breakdowns, mechanical and electrical. I do hate the electrical breakdowns more because I don't understand it, which I think is the same reason most others don't either.

jcalder likes this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, but the computer don't respond until the next day at morning ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
If it took 2 days to diagnose that the pressure was good and the sensor was shot along with a bill that large, whoever was working on that machine is ripping you off, that's a dealer or mechanic problem................................

To even get a Dealer mechanic on site here is $750, before they even turn a spanner!

So yes it does p*ss me when stupid never ending electronic glitches that require a factory laptop to turn the little light off turn profit into loss.
jcalder likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
To even get a Dealer mechanic on site here is $750, before they even turn a spanner!

So yes it does p*ss me when stupid never ending electronic glitches that require a factory laptop to turn the little light off turn profit into loss.
Fair enough.

That's criminal, $750 for a service call is ridiculous.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
I say keep whining. They will make it so the monitor can do as much as a laptop if you know how. Then I see a yearly fee with remote hook up available. To avoid those $1000 service calls just to delete a code or make a can bus part work. All this stuff is very nice when it works. We can not afford the down time or the service costs. The companies have to know how serious those things are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page