S670 Can Bus ISOBUS Problem - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Exclamation S670 Can Bus ISOBUS Problem

Recently appeared on the secondary screen an unexpected loss of communication with the ECU of an application. Also indicates that the function is from the Instrument Cluster and the ISOBUS is 202936.
Immediately the primary screen shut off and loss control of all functions!! Only the engine still running.
Any one can help ? Thanks!!

Last edited by licmflores08; 09-14-2019 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add more data
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Have you tried turning it off, wait 10 seconds, and then turning it back on?

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by licmflores08 View Post
Recently appeared on the secondary screen an unexpected loss of communication with the ECU of an application. Also indicates that the function is from the Instrument Cluster and the ISOBUS is 202936.
Immediately the primary screen shut off and loss control of all functions!! Only the engine still running.

The future of farming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
The future of farming
Exactly. We pull an air drill with a 9620RX, however I was looking at nicely rebuilt big bud the other day for exactly these reasons. I don't want to own the thing (the JD) off warranty.

"Never deliberately make an enemy in life, you'll make plenty by accident." Abraham Lincoln
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesofgrain View Post
Exactly. We pull an air drill with a 9620RX, however I was looking at nicely rebuilt big bud the other day for exactly these reasons. I don't want to own the thing (the JD) off warranty.

I've got a New Holland T.9 670 and its already had numerous costly electrical problems. Considering getting rid of it and buying a new Kirovets, simple and not much electronics to fail. Wish they had a little more power though.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Old 1153 Versy or a Big Bud. The only def you need to worry about is the ringing in your ears. A little cab refinements could alleviate that. A lever is easier to engineer than a 100 wires fed to a computer. All that electronic nightmare is a money grab. Keeps the service truck in your yard and your equipment at a standstill. Simple combines have left the marketplace. Used to change the odd belt and a bearing on a combine. Those were considered breakdowns in the day. Now without a laptop with the corporations software your screwed.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
I guess I'm the odd man out who likes the electronics on modern machines. The way some of you talk you act like you haven't been able to put a crop in or take it off because of computer errors which I highly doubt is the reality.

A couple of things though:
1. Why is a failed computer not an acceptable breakdown? Again, they don't fail very often and much to the anti-computer peoples dismay they actually prevent much larger breakdowns by closely monitoring systems. People get mad because the computer prevents them from "limping though" a failure but in the end might save their bacon on a much larger mechanical repair. The rage people have towards "throwing codes" is very peculiar to me. When our combine starting blinking at us because of a failed injector on the engine, I was quite glad it did before the failed part caused more damage. It makes no sense that replacing a bearing or belt is "no big deal" but fixing a computer is the apocalypse.

2. You anti computer guys are useless. This guy had a legitimate question and you didn't help at all, all you did was start the typical "A lever doesn't break down" crap. I've used tractors with levers and tractors with switches and the levers can stay where they belong, in machines 25+ years old with the dinosaurs who love them so much.

Unfortunately for the OP your best bet is to call the dealer to find out what's wrong. Electrical problems are a hassle to find, the evil computer from the evil corporation might be able to pinpoint the problem quickly though.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
I guess I'm the odd man out who likes the electronics on modern machines. The way some of you talk you act like you haven't been able to put a crop in or take it off because of computer errors which I highly doubt is the reality.

A couple of things though:
1. Why is a failed computer not an acceptable breakdown? Again, they don't fail very often and much to the anti-computer peoples dismay they actually prevent much larger breakdowns by closely monitoring systems. People get mad because the computer prevents them from "limping though" a failure but in the end might save their bacon on a much larger mechanical repair. The rage people have towards "throwing codes" is very peculiar to me. When our combine starting blinking at us because of a failed injector on the engine, I was quite glad it did before the failed part caused more damage. It makes no sense that replacing a bearing or belt is "no big deal" but fixing a computer is the apocalypse.

2. You anti computer guys are useless. This guy had a legitimate question and you didn't help at all, all you did was start the typical "A lever doesn't break down" crap. I've used tractors with levers and tractors with switches and the levers can stay where they belong, in machines 25+ years old with the dinosaurs who love them so much.

Unfortunately for the OP your best bet is to call the dealer to find out what's wrong. Electrical problems are a hassle to find, the evil computer from the evil corporation might be able to pinpoint the problem quickly though.

You are deliberately misrepresenting what we are saying. It would be fine if the "Evil Computer" was reporting REAL problems and preventing further damage but in 90% of the service calls ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! My latest failure cost 2 days of seeding and a $1500 bill. Low oil pressure supposedly but not of course, just a dicky sensor.
Every one of my machines has failures causing blinking lights and varying levels of unusability at the moment and I know with certainty that they are all sensor/wiring problems not anything actually wrong with the machine.
And dont accuse me of being anti computer. I was the first in this district to own one and taught the majority of the local population how to use them. Computers belong in the office, not in a hot, humid, vibrating environment. The one exception I would make to that is GPS gear as it can be easily swapped out with a spare WHEN it fails. NOTE I said when it fails not IF.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by licmflores08 View Post
I had this happen on mine this fall. All I did was shut off the combine and turned the battery switch off for a couple minutes. Knock on wood it hasnít come back yet.
licmflores08 likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
You are deliberately misrepresenting what we are saying. It would be fine if the "Evil Computer" was reporting REAL problems and preventing further damage but in 90% of the service calls ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! My latest failure cost 2 days of seeding and a $1500 bill. Low oil pressure supposedly but not of course, just a dicky sensor.
Every one of my machines has failures causing blinking lights and varying levels of unusability at the moment and I know with certainty that they are all sensor/wiring problems not anything actually wrong with the machine.
And dont accuse me of being anti computer. I was the first in this district to own one and taught the majority of the local population how to use them. Computers belong in the office, not in a hot, humid, vibrating environment. The one exception I would make to that is GPS gear as it can be easily swapped out with a spare WHEN it fails. NOTE I said when it fails not IF.

Had a bad sensor on a transmission. Took the thing down for a week while they tracked it to an internal failure on the sensor. That week cost me dearly in the custom farming business.

Guys get emotional about their opinions. If you like tech, fine. If you don't fine. Neither has the "morally" superior opinion. Both have their pros and cons. Only insecure children get upset when folks don't agree with them.

For the OP I have a phone number of the best green tech in the area. If you want it PM me and I'll get it to you.

"Never deliberately make an enemy in life, you'll make plenty by accident." Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page