Unplugging sts rear beater - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Unplugging sts rear beater

I found a easy way of doing this and maybe you know already but I thought I would post it

1 Remove rear beater shield belt 2-18 mm wrenches 2 remove last row of tin grates 2-15 mm wrenches 3 pull out straw that’s easy 4 spin rotor and repeat it helps clear out in front of rear beater and then you have easy access to what’s plugging the rear beater, now go pull the straw from the chopper side and then take a wheel socket on the rear beater pulley, I think 2 1/2 and a 3/4 swing bar and you should be able to turn it by hand
Hope this helps someone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:25 AM
cnd

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
.......or install a discharge beater speed up kit and never have to screw around with this crap again????? Owned a STS combine for close to ten years and now a S series and have never plugged a discharge beater.....both machines had the speed up kit (pulley and belt(s)) installed before going to the field.

Isaak Farms
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aggressive rear beater plugs. We had 2 9870s. One had staggered aggressive beater with speed up kit. It plugged lots. The one with the non aggressive never plugged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 06:55 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Another fairly easy way is to use a small bottle jack off the beater tray and roll the beater around with the jack. Spitting out the plug.

Generally if the belts tired or not overtensioned plugging can occur. And it’s usually the smallest, tightest bunch off material you will ever see...........

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sawsall cordless longest blade 2 minutes
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Discharge beater de-slug kit from Lankota #LANFSR10 & LANDBH. The first number is the bar and tool for feed accelerator and the second number is for the discharge beater adapter. About $600.00 and worth every penny if you have to do use in 100+ degree weather. Had several JD mechanics and numerous farmers ask where I got mine after several hours pulling grates covers and pans trying to get a slug out. Green damp rice straw can be a cast iron bitch to unslug. Walk up and slap this on in about 5 minutes and 10 minutes later it's cleared. Speed up kit is installed on all the rice machines and it helps but if chopper slows down or belt gets loose you better stop ASAP.
Attached Images
File Type: png LANFSR10_ren.png (108.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg LANFSR10_2.jpg (391.0 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page