The Combine Forum banner

S780 feeder house leaking corn

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Exhaustedcombine 
#1 ·
This is our first year with a 2018 s780. It has the fore/aft tilt feederhouse on it which is really nice but we’ve noticed that where it pivots to tilt there’s a space to let corn leak out. It’s leaking A LOT. Has anyone fixed this problem. Our dealer says they’ve had a couple machines do this but they’ve never been able to fix the issue. I put silicone in the space but it doesn’t hold very long. Any advice for this?

#2 ·
I haven’t seen these new feeder house yet but it sounds like you might need expander foam

It’s messy but will seal big gaps almost water tight

You will need to position your feeder face plate where you want it first then don’t move it or the foam will break free

But really, there’s gotta be a better permanent fix Deere!!!

#4 ·
I’ll get a picture of the gap today when take the header off. It’s big enough to get your finger tips through.

I’ll try and describe it better.

There is a short feederhouse floor at the front to about the drum of the feederhouse. At the drum it meets the main floor. Now for some reason the short floor is kind of bowed up. I don’t think it was like that when we started and I know that I haven’t done anything to bend it. I haven’t pulled in any wads of stuff or anything. Makes me a little worried my dealer doesn’t have any idea how fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.