JD 7330 engine restriction - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
JD 7330 engine restriction

Message keeps coming on "engine restriction see dealer". The dealer likely wants to see me but do I want to see him?

All filters replaced and tractor runs cool and normal. I hit the check mark and continue on my way. Anybody else have this happen?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
It means your engine is derated.

1- Your pulling hard and its getting the transmission overheated.- They you need to do a LTC (Low Temperature Circuit) bleed procedure that's in your operators manual. Your tractor does have two cooling systems, most people don't know this.

2- Depending on if you have a DE10 fuel pump. Most likely you do. you have a SCV problem. That's suction control valve. I have replaced many of these for your complaint. You will also want to do the fuel limiter if this is your problem. The dealer will have to hook up his computer to your tractor and do a graph reading of the actual vs desired rail pressure reading. This is a live test and nothing you can do about it without service advisor.

3- You may have a EGR sticking and overheating your air cooler. I have had many, many, many EGR's out b/c some idiot DTAC engineer thinks this causes derate issues. But with my experiences have only seen 1 actually be bad. Its a pain to remove and clean. Again, your dealer could hook up his laptop and do a cycle test to eliminate. Not much you can do though.

4- Your LTC circuit again could be needing bled and have an air pocket in the air cooler causing the code to set.

Remember that the LTC circuit and your normal cooling circuit isn't the same. Your radiator is split and the temp reading on the dash isn't what the temp reading your ECU is picking up. The dash or BIF(Basic informatory) reads temp off the head like any temp guage would on an engine. Your ecu reads temp from trans temp, air temp, and coolant temp. If any of these perameters aren't within spec. It will protect itself by derating the tractor.

Remember- You wont see the tractor getting hot. There are no codes or lights that come on when all this happens. Other than the tractor derating.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Something else I forgot was the grid heater. If yours is equipped I have seen them stick on due to a faulty relay. If yours has this you can eliminate it quickly by pulling fuse/relay our that is right below your altenator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Very helpful. thanks. I think the suction control valve is where I will start as most likely culprit. Is there another name for it as JD parts does not seem to show that.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 AM

Part # RE534109 The only way I know is possible to determine this failure is to do a live graph reading. And the dealer has to do it.

Good Luck

JD Master Certified Tech
Proud owner of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 7330 is doing the same thing but only does it when on road with no load behind like when empty never can feel that it cuts power but shows that code any ideas for me
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:01 AM
tc

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
on our 6000 series i have topped off the antifreeze and had this code restriction go away... the system has alot of sensors and very sensitive 5state can verify this? he knows what he is doing but i pulled up the various temps on my monitor to watch and make sure it wasnt a real heating problem. i always check the sensors and wires on bottom of tractor that may have been caught or damaged and go in and document and then erase codes before each trial and error session

"poor day if you didn't learn something"
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:27 AM

Location: We live on the Gulf Coast close to the Houston area
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Three codes keep popping up on our tractor and it is restricting the power to the engine. The codes or 641.04, 2795.07, and 1569.31. I had this problem earlier in the year and the dealer came out and changed an electronic part. Which one I do not know as I was not there and the problem was fixed for a while. Now while I am trying to work ground having the same issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page