The Combine Forum banner

Hauling Grain

14K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Christian A. Herrnboeck 
#1 ·
Got everything hauled out in MB these past couple days... Grain Vacs... they make life easy ;)

See less See more
#8 ·
Mb super b weights on primary highways (except routes that allow 63500)

steer 5500kgs
drives 17000kgs
centre or bridge 23000kgs
rear 17000kgs

total 62,500kgs

alberta, bc and sask allow 24,000 on centre tridem so total weight increases to 63,500kgs

tare weights range usually from 18,000kgs to 20,000kgs depending on truck and trailer spec lode king are heavier trailers than doepker by about 700 kgs and about 300kgs heavier than wilsons lode king aluminum trailers weigh same as there steel trailers. trucks can range in tare from about 7800kgs to 9500 kgs depending on frame, diffs, bunk engine truck make etc as a rule of thumb toba trucks are specced lighter genrally under specced in terms of hp diffs etc and as you go west spec and power increase most alberta trucks are over specced in some minds remeber lighter truck means more payload

#12 · (Edited)
Gess mate you need to lay off the cool cans a bit, were tare at 16.2t. With steel chassis tipper. I thought the way trucks in NA weigh lighter and super bs been belly dumps be under 20t tare. Lights good, no point carting shiny stuff around that keeps that tare weight up. You win though with c15!

Our axle groupings are same here unless go mass management. How do you go getting the steer upto weight with that big long freight liner mate.

Madsnake

#13 · (Edited)
Doepker lists their super b standard weight as 20,900 lb / 9481 kg. before options. 11R-24.5 tires are popular and that's all Wilson offers. Tractor weights are variable as noted above. They don't have much wiggle room on dimensions, so they all tape measure out pretty close. Doepker and Lode King have dimension drawings. Wilson's site gave me problems until I turned Flash off. Have a look.
Doepker Products
Lode King Industries - Product Portfolio
Wilson Trailer - Pacesetter Super-B - Overview

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
Volvo have kicked some goals on east cost last few years seems the add blue is the batter emissions control in on highway trucks. The 700 hp Volvo seems to hall in a pull. Would not have any of the 08 run Kennys 04 had much batter engine options like old school c15.

Madsnake

#32 ·
My pete tared at 17800 kgs if i was low on fuel it was lightweight spec for tandem hoppers specced to run us weights had isx15 cummins 18 speed but only 40,000lb diffs lightweight options where aluminum cross members, aluminum rad supports, aluminum air tanks, aluminum clutch housing , alumunum hubs and centerfuse drums was a 06 379 with 63 inch bunk. Trailers where 2012 doepkers (older doepkers where 200kgs heavier) steel trailers with aluminum slopes aluminum slope braces aluminum air tanks aluminum wheels aluminum hubs and centre fuse drums no lift axles thats dead weights we run 80% loaded miles so no payback. This is the lightest super b you can buy also 22.5 rubber on all not sure why some guys need 24.5 rrubber i guess extra clearance but wasted fuel economy and tare weight and cost of tires is all 24.5s are if you dont need clearence

#36 ·
Trailers where 2012 doepkers (older doepkers where 200kgs heavier) steel trailers with aluminum slopes aluminum slope braces aluminum air tanks aluminum wheels aluminum hubs and centre fuse drums no lift axles thats dead weights we run 80% loaded miles so no payback. This is the lightest super b you can buy
Lighter than Wilson or Timpte???

#33 ·
I should mention that tare was not a one time thung it was sometimes lower but thats with 1/4 tank fuel full set of tire chains (160 kgs) and me outta the truck my mew truck has urea and 46 rears amd double frame its a heavy heavy spec truck huge driveline etc tares at 19,000 - 19,500 so very heavy considering im on same trailers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.