16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:21 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4484 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRFarmsJesse View Post
"Previous owner" did not answer and it went to a voicemail that said " youve reached rocky mountain equipment".

That was enough for me.
Should be for anyone, interesting business practise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Depending on how rural you are, you could be to the point of being happy to have a crappy mega dealer near by.

Our dying towns are slowly losing most things. So basically we're left in the middle of nowhere, with no doctors, hospitals, etc. etc. Running a bunch of plastic computerized crap that we can't work on ourselves, and have to haul it 3 hours to get worked on.

So while there's things we don't like about our mega, at least we have one.

post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Carrot River Implements is another. We deal with Nicks Service and they've treated us very good and very friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
on second hand equip it drives me nuts not being able to deal with someone at the location the machine is sitting at.....

have had a couple times now when I have called a dealer about something online, been told to talk to someone 200 miles away from the machine but closer to me, who knows nothing about it, blow a day driving to look at the machine, and finding its a total piece of junk. that's always fun.
meritmat likes this.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRFarmsJesse View Post
My beef isnt directly with the RME in Manitoba. In fact, Ive never spoken with anyone there. That location had a combine listed on tractorhouse, but the number attached was a satellite location in Kansas. Id typically think that is odd, but as big ad dealers are trying to get, Im sure my next call will be redirected to a call center in India.
RME actually has at least one dealer in the states now so thats where you might see the Kansas location. Their other tactics sounded downright ridiculous.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Like many of the dealers my local RME (Boissevain) store has many of the great people that came before the buyout, some employees are former owners even so I can't complain at all about the service & parts. I just cant agree with anyone that complains about RME service, I just don't have that experience and I am not a brand loyal customer, red & green tractors and a smattering of colors for the rest of the farm.
My biggest problem is sales dept, they currently have some good people in there but it took them 3 years to find someone that actually wants to work their for longer than 2 months. I bought a used tractor and the salesman had quit before i even took delivery! And when I say sales dept I actually mean how RME head office treats their sales dept, absolutely no support from the higher ups, the pricing is ridiculous sometimes, they'd rather let something sit on a lot for 4 years and rot then sell it at a reasonable dollar. In the end they take a bath on it on RBauction a 1000 miles away when they could have got 50% more selling it to a local farmer and guess what? That farmer would come back and buy parts! As mentioned above they way they treat service, sales, parts as separate divisions and are essentially competing against each other doesn't nothing for employee moral or team building.

But then again looks like Mazers is gonna end up the same way if they keep buying dealerships they will end up going publicly traded too.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Farmer View Post
Nicks service Regina, Cropper Motors Naicam, RJ Sales Wadena, A.E. Chicoine Storthoaks. Wynard Equipment Sales, Wheatbelt Sales, Brownlee Ag Services. Valley Side Sales
Not many family owned dealers left.
Of this list only Chicoine is a CaseIH dealer.
One of the Chicoine brothers lives in town here, he isn't part of the business.
One guy told me he was in a jam for parts and drove from here to Storthoaks, he spoke highly of them.
RME is kind of a joke here.

Last edited by MF cowboy; 04-06-2019 at 09:21 PM.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Leos Sales and Service is a family owned dealership at Winnipeg. I don't think there is such thing as a perfect dealership.....even the private ones. And I think the writing is on the wall for them also as RME is trying to push into the area from their closest location and CNH doesn't seem to care.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Should add KMK in Humboldt to the list, Full line ag, Owens & Switzer, Parkland Farm Equipment.
Funny thing most of the Independent dealers are Agco

Last edited by MF cowboy; 04-06-2019 at 10:01 PM.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Ag world / ag authority and farm world in kinistino are all privately owned.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page