Rocky Mountain Equipment Manitoba - The Combine Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rocky Mountain Equipment Manitoba

What does everyone think of RME? Just read a thread on here about a shady combine deal. I personaly am done dealing with the company. We have a great shop in boissevain the parts, service and mechanics are great I will continue to deal with them but RME has made there last sale on my farm..The salesmen are absolutely horrible, nothing compared to the old guys they used to have. They don't seem to know what they are talking about nor care they just tell u what you wanna hear. They barely even wash the equipment off they are trying to sell. Seem to be hard to deal with to me but maybe its just me..Are all RME's the same?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Bought a swather from them couple of years ago. Biggest cluster **** ever. The sales manager was a **** should have told them to take there swather and shove it up there ass. They ****** up the paper work with fcc, they lost the checks sending them to fcc. There territory protected policy is a joke. Can’t buy anything new or used unless it’s from your local dealership. Case credit is a joke. Should have bought from an auction.

But there parts and service department has been good

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
RME bought Johnbob Tisdale last fall , most mechanics run off .
Not sure what’s going on .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
I find good salesmen are getting few and far between. Most of them now have never sat in a piece of equipment in their lives before they began selling it. Have never bought equipment from RME but they seem to be decent with parts. We mostly deal with Mazers and have been lucky with the last salesman and the new one we deal with has been very good, not at all pushy but always staying in touch just to see if we are looking for anything, he got us the first combine demo in years in this area.

Have a pretty good story about our local JD dealer involving my uncle, but I better keep that one to myself. One more reason we will never have a green piece of equipment around here.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Our RME parts and service are awesome as far as a dealership goes. Salesmen are good to deal with. Have bought 3 combines from them in the last couple yrs. The older guys know what they are talking about and actually listen. The younger sales staff need to take notes.

Whats the sales turnover? Find with the Deere dealer we have a new salesman every couple months, hard to build a business relationship with a high turnover.

Seems most of the sales are done before the equipment is even on the dealers lot. I almost prefer to buy equipment not washed and detailed up. Can get a bit of a feel on the last owner how they looked after it. Most of the equipment at my local RME is at least rinsed off. Their wash bay is always busy when I am picking up parts or by there.

My combines were all bought off the last owners yard and were still dusty from fall. They showed up on my yard detailed and spotless.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Good experiences here locally. The sales staff is pretty much the same as it was before RME bought the local dealership quite a few years ago. Bought a combine last year and was happy with it. We've been dealing with the same salesman for 20 years or so. He's retiring soon, but we're pretty impressed with his younger protege.

Before the RME takeover, the salesman had a lot of latitude and could do quite a bit of give and take. He could write his own checks as he put it. Now under RME, he's pretty restricted in what he can do. But now they have access to a lot more inventory if you're looking for something very specific in terms of used machines.

Under RME the shop rate feels like it's more than doubled in the last 10 years.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:26 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
A “Where have all the Ma and Pa farm equipment shops gone?”
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
A “Where have all the Ma and Pa farm equipment shops gone?”
Only Case one I know of is the George family with Parkland in Stony Plain

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Nicks service Regina, Cropper Motors Naicam, RJ Sales Wadena, A.E. Chicoine Storthoaks. Wynard Equipment Sales, Wheatbelt Sales, Brownlee Ag Services. Valley Side Sales

Last edited by SK Farmer; 04-06-2019 at 11:53 AM.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:55 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
Only Case one I know of is the George family with Parkland in Stony Plain
Closest (not only geographically but actually) Trochu Motors.
Jack Stankievech has not only his cousin Wayne in sales but son Landis and daughter Camille in sales and office.

There’s a reason 1400 people attended the 70th anniversary!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page