JD 567 baler keeps unlatching? - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
JD 567 baler keeps unlatching?

We are trying to bale some straw with a JD 567 baler with a mega wide pickup. We are having problems with the monitor saying the gate is unlatched just after we start making a new bale. My hired help tonight said it was doing it about every other bale. We increased our hydraulic presure so the gate has a little more slam when it shuts which seemed to help a bit. This baler is new to us and we are wondering how to correct this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks SouthernSK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
From memory, it's been a while since I've baled... There's kind of a hook that locks the gate shut on either side, check to make sure it's locked in there, and not being blocked by some crap in the hole, or if something's bent and the hook isn't going in.

If that's fine, there is a sensor in that area that might need to be turned a bit, or the arm bent, so that it triggers when the gate is closed all the way. there's a little plate or something on the gate that comes into contact with a little plastic roller on the arm of the sensor when the gate is closed. You can push it with your finger and hear it click. It needs to click when the gate closes. if it doesn't click when that plate hits it, that will give you the alarm.

It's most likely the sensor. You shouldn't need to slam the gate closed if everything is adjusted correctly.

To find the sensor and latch, look on the outside about 6-8ft up from the ground, straight above the tires.

garyfunk likes this.

Last edited by Marusko; 09-07-2018 at 02:51 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Been awhile since I ran a green baler, but if I recall right there is shims that you can add or remove to get the right clearance on the latch. That was on a 568. 567 should be quite similar.
OMFH309531: 468, 468 Silage Special, and 568 Round Balers, Block File: AG_OUMX005_1539_19_19MAY06.htm

Hope that gives you a starting point.
FWIW, next baler I buy will be demoed in straw. Sh!t always seems to show up when baling straw lol.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We were having a similar issue earlier this year, and adding the shims solved our problem. There should be some bolted onto the baler, on the opposite side of where the door latch hooks the frame (you can see it in the link Beerwiser posted).
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
After the gate slams shut hold the hydraulic leaver for an extra couple of seconds, that latch needs time to finish its movement after the gate slams. My 568 does the same thing, if you don’t hold the hydraulics the monitor says it’s latched, until you get a bale started, then it starts squawking that it isn’t latched.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Thank you so much for the great replies. At least I have a idea what to look for.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
FWIW, next baler I buy will be demoed in straw. Sh!t always seems to show up when baling straw lol.

We have a winner!! True words right there!

Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Put gauges in your outlet and make sure your pressure is holding steady. We have had tractors that build pressure and trip the gate. We have baled a lot of straw with our 568. It has 26000 bales on the counter. The 567 it replaced had over 20000 when traded. Bailing oat straw this year it would dump a bale every minute to minute and a half
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
We ran a 459 and now run a 450 Both used for silage and we find picking up a wed will trip the gate open sensor the odd time, 99% of the time we just finish the bale and manually trip the wrap and move on. If it fails to trip when closing a quick cleaning of the area of chaff and junk fixes it.

Is the SVC hard to operate?
If the tractor is a closed center system, have him keep a the SVC pushed a little on the closed side while making a few bales and see if that stops the problem, if it dose i'd be looking at the valve body to see why its flowing in the closed position (after making sure its actually in the closed position when the controls say it is).

Please to let us know what the problem/fix was.
Cheers

Drive lots of little things, one day i will get to play with big toys.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All the replies above are good suggestions. We had the same problem with our 567. We adjusted everything and replaced most of the parts, but the problem went away when we replaced the sensors and made sure they were adjusted properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page