Biggest round baler - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I wonder if there is a swath spreader type thing in the pickup. Like a tedder wheel that spreads the swath across the width. I know nothing about bakers, but in the grain side mentality of bigger is better, I see some advantages. No, not for everyone. But neither is a 620hp quadtrack, and they sell lots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:36 PM
jvw

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
I read the Facebook comments. The first ones are going to large feedlots in Texas, to be processed using tub grinders.

They want to bale three swaths at once, tractor straddles the center swath, and the built in rakes pull 1 swath in from each side, so tractor doesn't drive on any swaths.

I can see the efficiency on baling, loading, processing, but I can't see how you could haul them very far efficiently, can't do 2 high, even 2 wide wouldn't be permitted in most areas, but perhaps Texas is less regulated than some states.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
with regards to transport... would all depend on what those bales weighed might be A LOT of mass in the outside 3" of diameter. but not being able to stack, and there would be a lot of wasted space on a trailer.. couldn't use in round bale feeders (cows wouldn't be able to get to middle), probably would need a payloader to lift it, tub grind everything... you would really have to want "big" bales. round vs square at that size, only benefit being not having to get stacked right away.

and a dedicated home. we will even see that with large squares here - faster to harvest and cheaper to truck, but only so many operations have the equipment you need to handle and feed them.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Jeez not sure I would even want a bale that big, certainly limits what you can do with it for sure.

The 858 NH back in the day (early 1980s) was to deal with transport issues in the states that back then had limitations on vehicle width of 8 feet, which from other discussions appears to have finally have been changed to what most of the continent has changed over too, what is now the standard of 8.5. Still see a lot of trucks with only 8 foot axles and lots of trailers too. That was just stupid how some states had such restrictions back then. Not sure how wide loads were dealt with in those states as well, but even here in Canada, BC used to be complete assholes over hauling two wide rounds. Was the main reason those big squares caught on actually with several operations into export and in fact was the reason for Hesston building them to the 4x8 format to start with.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
How **** heat would those rolls of net wrap weigh. The Deere cover edge ones are bad enough. Those bales would be like moving the old Heston stacks
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
TJ Steele puts up 50k -75k tons , he used to be my big baler tech until he got hooked up with a large bailing customer in Texas . Most of what he bales goes to several feedyards in the Texas Panhandle owned by the same outfit.

The most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth .............The naked truth is better than any best dressed lie .
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys new to forum, TJ Steele
Reading the thread. I appreciate all the interest and input. I am the dreamer, designer and overseer of the project. As was stated the baler is for high volume applications only. There was never any desire to enter into the smaller round baler market. The original idea was strictly for our personal use only here in TX, but interest has been greater than expected. The bale weighed 5600 lbs at 25% baler density ability. February 28 we plan to bale again at max density. The bales will go straight to a tub grinder. We will have to make an attachment for the large wheel loaders to feed the tubs. Field production per day, ease of maintenance, long term life of tons, no knotters, no string in the field, fast shipping, among other factors have driven the build for the baler. Stay tuned at Favor 5 Ag Innovations and born2farm on FB.
Thanks to all...
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele1982 View Post
The bale weighed 5600 lbs at 25% baler density ability.
Huh didn't know that. Keep us updated on the weight.
I guess it is pretty level where you guys intend to use it?
Our hills you would need alot of hp just to keep speeds up the hills with that weight. Imagine if one of those bales started rolling down a hill on you lol.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Very flat and large fields here. Definitely would not want to be caught with one rolling in your direction. We realise that these won't fit many operations but have had more interest than we figured. The idea came just to serve our personal needs. The main push was aggravations with current Balers due to conditions we run in, downtime, missed knots, depreciation, and continued trades as machine prices increase every year. Our main goal is to produce a long life with high tonage production keeping cost per ton equal to or less than current methods.
Haystack likes this.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:31 PM
jvw

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Curious how you designed the bale chamber? Just reverse engineer an existing design with expired patents, or your own proprietary design? Lots of trial and error?

I really like the idea of the wide belts. Have never understood why multiple narrow belts became the standard on round balers. Is it tracking issues, or just the expense of replacing an entire wide belt if one gets damaged? I've always thought that a single continuous baler belt would be almost permanent.

Hay baling is one area of farming where no large progress has been made in recent decades, unlike the capacity of combines, spraying, seeding, even feeding. About time to take the next quantum leap. Actually going to this baler is a smaller jump than going from small squares to large rounds in the 70's, and I'm sure everyone said they were too big, no one would buy one, how would you feed or move, them or that they would run away down hill and destroy a village... But they seem to have caught on.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page