2Likes
  • 2 Post By KBF

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
KBF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
NH Roll Belt 560 poor Mesh Wrapping on end of bale

This baler is on our 3rd season with us. Passed 2 summers we experienced mesh problems with mesh not wrapping on bale ends. When this would happen every time it was mesh wrappin on the bottom roll. Was much more frequent in dry straight grass crop. Alfalfa wasn’t near as bad so we lived with it. I just can’t anymore. Dealer has no suggestions. We the only one with problems in spite of several customers. What have we done...
1) mesh is called Maxxnet by Cordex.
2.) at the recommendation of a neighbor with same baler we took out the twine knife bracket and shield. Chaff builds up and interrupts mesh flow. Made 250 bales since then and had maybe 5-6 poor tie jobs

Anyone dealing with such problems?
Is it just this mesh?
What I have noticed is that some bales even though tied ok missed for maybe a foot or soon the first revolution and half of mesh but ended up wrapping the last layer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Does it happen more often on one side? Could be the knife is dull and leaving a ragged cut that snags the roller when it starts wrapping. I had to remove the knives and sharpen them on the last baler I bought new (Case rb565).
Mesh is definitely not all created equal.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
KBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfunk View Post
Does it happen more often on one side? Could be the knife is dull and leaving a ragged cut that snags the roller when it starts wrapping. I had to remove the knives and sharpen them on the last baler I bought new (Case rb565).
Mesh is definitely not all created equal.
Latest report, we did some alfalfa grass in quite dry conditions. It seemed to do it a bit more on the left side. With the recommendation from a neighbor we removed the twine knife bracket and shield. It builds up enough dust mesh dragging through it causes a problem. Made approx 200 bales with maybe 4-5 bad tie jobs. Much more pleased but still not satisfied.
I found on you tube a video where a fellow had adjusted bolts on the duck bill to allow easy mesh flow to the ends. Made 90 bales after that recommendation and had 1 bad tie.

Move to new field today. Crop is meadow brome. After a couple bad bales we switched to John Deere wrap. Made about 100 good ones and just some slight fraying on end in couple. Make another and it went bad after that. Got so about 1 in 5 had a bad wrap job. So we shut down. Recognizing now that grass got a bit shorter and dryer. Gonna try with bit more humidity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
While I’m not familiar with your baler on our Deere and Kuhn baler poor wrapping often is the result of something causing the wrap to catch either something on a roll or a rough roll. Also some balers are prone to problems if ran too fast while bailing as you get more crap in the belts that then catches wrap. Also bale shape affects wrapping if guys try to bale with a tractor with narrow tire spacing you can’t get the edges full
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I would try different wrap. Are you sure your windrow/ bale is level? My 560 does the same if I don't weave right. I switched to Magnum brand wrap, seems to be a little tougher. What RMP are you baling at? Do you keep the same RMP when you dump the bale? From what my dealer has told me thats one of the knacks of these RBs is every now and then they will tear the net and no one has figured out why.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
KBF

Well I think we have it. Dealer came out and did some checks. Technical support advised to check net brake tension by doing a pull test. We did that. Found it all over the map. Sometimes 95# of pull and sometimes 60# of pull when brake would give. Or so we thought......
Made dozen bales good before a problem. Got doing more checks. Found that in course of my rushing I had mashed down half of the teeth plates that hold the mesh roll on the spindle. Found out that the inconsistent pull of netbtension the brake wasn’t quite coming off tostart roll spinning and sometimes the roll would slip on the tooth plates itself. Once adjusting the roll plates so they would grab and readjusting brake on drum I made another 150 bales with the Deere wrap with out a single miswrap of any degree. Finished off the field with another 50 bales through with Cordex mesh wrap and had 50 more perfect bales.
Also learned to slide the mesh roll in the chamber so it’s not necessarily in the centre. We moved the roll 2 spaces to the left of centre on the Deere mesh and had to move it back one space on the Cordex wrap. Just the way it’s wound on the roll I guess

We much happier now. Just have to wait for second cut to make sure we still good. How frustrating this was
garyfunk and adsinaus like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Good to hear. I was going to mention brake tension amongst other things but it gets pretty technical with brake timing, knife timing, tension, roll position, reliable power supply, etc ...
Complicated things these balers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page