Buhler 6072 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buhler 6072

Interested in possibly switching from a hardcore to a softcore baler and wondering if anyone has any experience with the buhler 6072? Also wondering what everyone prefers for a softcore baler in the 5x6 size

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
There the same baler as a vicon or a new noble just different color. I had both. I wouldn't switch back to a soft core

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Im curious of the reasons why you want to switch back to softcore. Deere sells a softcore kit for 566 and up balers. Not a true softcore but a good compromise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
I bought one that needs work a few years back and been looking for a later Vicon that matches it so I can make one out of two just to have for an extra baler. IMO they don't look like a really well built baler, some of which is obviously evident from why the one I bought was in the shape it is lol. If you want, go to the Buhler site and you can download the operators manual, gives you some info on the machine. If you can't, I have a copy saved from when I did a few years back.

Getting hard to get a soft core anymore, myself I run Claas 85 Rollants, 5x6, couple of them are in Duetz Allis dress and colors. Getting hard to find them not wore out and a few of mine are done, down to two good ones and one back up now. Biggest thing that I hate about them is the pickup, 99 times out of 100 there is an issue baling a heavy or damp spot in a swath, that is where the problem originates. They take power to make a good solid bale that stays round, a 130 hp tractor is working for the last third of the bale.
For my own use I will take a soft core any day over hard, and I have no prob selling soft core bales either as I know how to make them properly and with a good baler they stay round and will challenge any similar sized hardcore for weight.
Only hardcore I have left is my old 855, don't use it much the last several years, pawned off a New Idea 4665 to Alberta Pioneer on here, he was happy to get it and I was even happier to see that PITA leave the farm lol.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
I bought one that needs work a few years back and been looking for a later Vicon that matches it so I can make one out of two just to have for an extra baler. IMO they don't look like a really well built baler, some of which is obviously evident from why the one I bought was in the shape it is lol. If you want, go to the Buhler site and you can download the operators manual, gives you some info on the machine. If you can't, I have a copy saved from when I did a few years back.

Getting hard to get a soft core anymore, myself I run Claas 85 Rollants, 5x6, couple of them are in Duetz Allis dress and colors. Getting hard to find them not wore out and a few of mine are done, down to two good ones and one back up now. Biggest thing that I hate about them is the pickup, 99 times out of 100 there is an issue baling a heavy or damp spot in a swath, that is where the problem originates. They take power to make a good solid bale that stays round, a 130 hp tractor is working for the last third of the bale.
For my own use I will take a soft core any day over hard, and I have no prob selling soft core bales either as I know how to make them properly and with a good baler they stay round and will challenge any similar sized hardcore for weight.
Only hardcore I have left is my old 855, don't use it much the last several years, pawned off a New Idea 4665 to Alberta Pioneer on here, he was happy to get it and I was even happier to see that PITA leave the farm lol.
I have a later model new noble thats the same as a Buhler 6072 that would be good for parts. I rocked the pick up last fall baling sloughs and decieded not to fix it it. Be cheap too lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The reason I'm interested in a soft core baler is because I am a smaller operator who doesn't sell a lot of hay and I'd like the flexibility of being able to bale slightly tough if need be. I bale straw behind a rotor combine every year and is a headache with the current baler. I like the simplicity of a soft core although I've never personally ran one or fixed on one. My baler tractor is 130 horsepower which should be large enough for a soft core baler. I don't know anything about the claas/deitz balers; I've never seen any around here but they may be something to look at as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page