A farmers rat rod. - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
Kevlar, you defiantly need to put a Detroit 8V71 in something!!! Those are some of the best sounding engines! Especially in something that rides an inch off the ground.
Thanks for the compliments folks, I do appreciate it.

With regards to registration in Alberta.... in my case my serial number does not exist in the "system" and won't if a vehicle hasn't been registered in the last 50 years. The first place to start is take your serial number to a friendly registry and have them run it to see what it comes back as. My number on the firewall is currently in use as a jeep in Manitoba... complicating things for me, meaning I may need to get an assigned VIN which is no big deal costs about $500 and as long as your vehicle is not made out of stolen parts your All good.
Then I will need to get an out of province inspection.... this is the hard part... you need a "hot rod friendly" shop to do it.... Canadian tire is probably not the best place to try. There is a Fountain in St Albert on St Albert trail just south of the river.... it is my understanding they are hot rod friendly and would be the first place to drop by ask a few questions and show them some pictures to see if they would do an out of province on your project.

BrianTee likes this.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Here are my toys. Can't take credit for the majority of the work, but just love having and driving them! Nice to drive something that isn't all plastic.
THAT is a really nice looking truck bjtjjl! You just cannot beat mother nature and her patina!

chance2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Barn
Also I want to open up this thread to anyone who wants to talk rat rods and or share their pics of projects in the works, completed, or dreaming about!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
I like what looks to be copper rad pipes. The duals are what set this unit off. A short flat deck with hyd tilt would be cool too IMO. Great work Anvil
Yes i recently got a TIG welder and am learning how to use it. You can imagine my delight when I discovered that I could TIG copper!! So I went to my local plumbing and heating store and grabbed some pipe and elbows and fully tigg' d them up. No filler just fused them together... came out quite nice.
BrianTee likes this.

post #15 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Barn
Here is a old international "survivor" my neighbour has... all original except for some new glass, gaskets, and door seals.

He does have the matching hood... these pics are from when he just got it getting it ready to roll.
He has his company logo he is putting on the side and may clear coat it to lock it's patina in and make it look wet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170310_212833_1510762825840.jpg (1.37 MB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 20170310_212801_1510762844932.jpg (1.73 MB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 20170310_212735_1510762865843.jpg (246.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeR_1510766941186.jpg (370.0 KB, 68 views)
whtbaron, chance2 and Nodust like this.

Last edited by AnviL; 11-15-2017 at 12:29 PM.
post #16 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil Farms View Post
Kevlar, you defiantly need to put a Detroit 8V71 in something!!! Those are some of the best sounding engines! Especially in something that rides an inch off the ground.
Thanks for the compliments folks, I do appreciate it.

With regards to registration in Alberta.... in my case my serial number does not exist in the "system" and won't if a vehicle hasn't been registered in the last 50 years. The first place to start is take your serial number to a friendly registry and have them run it to see what it comes back as. My number on the firewall is currently in use as a jeep in Manitoba... complicating things for me, meaning I may need to get an assigned VIN which is no big deal costs about $500 and as long as your vehicle is not made out of stolen parts your All good.
Then I will need to get an out of province inspection.... this is the hard part... you need a "hot rod friendly" shop to do it.... Canadian tire is probably not the best place to try. There is a Fountain in St Albert on St Albert trail just south of the river.... it is my understanding they are hot rod friendly and would be the first place to drop by ask a few questions and show them some pictures to see if they would do an out of province on your project.

Bring it to my shop Fer saftey we do cvip and out a province inspections Will make it pass. But I'll have to road test Fer 50 miles or so😅
whtbaron and Lawsey like this.
post #17 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Barn
I will pm you.. you can drive the $h!t outta her for a month if you pass it for me!
I have been very safety conscious throughout the build, new brakes, proper brake lines and hoses, modern double claw door latches etc...
thankyou very much.

post #18 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Under construction . 53 f100 , c4 corvette front and rear susp , 408 ci sbf stroker (500+ hp ) , 4sp auto .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0508.JPG (1.84 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0503.JPG (1.72 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0618.JPG (1.64 MB, 49 views)
lynas, whtbaron, chance2 and 1 others like this.
post #19 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Barn
That's a nice project ebear... it makes me fell warm and fuzzy to see a Ford engine going in a ford! The corvette susp will be a great addition... well worth the work.

post #20 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Todd would be the guy to talk to at the fountain tire. He has built a few cars in his time. And nice job!

386 pete likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page