156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
Thank you beerwiser!

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil Farms View Post
That's a nice project ebear... it makes me fell warm and fuzzy to see a Ford engine going in a ford! The corvette susp will be a great addition... well worth the work.
Thanks and as you know it's a slow process but I gotta say 500+ hp and corvette suspension " warm and fuzzy " is not what I'm aiming for . LOL

chance2 likes this.
post #23 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
I have to admit, I'm envious and a little bit jealous of all you guys. I never seem to have any spare money kicking around or any time to do anything like this. I've loved cars and trucks for as long as I can remember, all kinds. Hopefully restore my dad's old '76 Ford F150 with a 390 someday, was my first truck and a lot of memories. Also want to pimp out an old Mack or something like that and put it on a new frame with big power and lots of lights, have always had pretty crappy grain trucks until we put a box on our '95 Kenworth W900L so feel I deserve it! Also want to restore some old farm equipment, combines, etc.. Just need to find the money and time!
chance2 and Lawsey like this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
We got a few old fords restored I bought a 62 ford unibody in high school abd fixed it up. Still got it. Wife bought me a 56 ford before we got married to 10 yrs to finish it but it finally got done. I'm working in 78 A model kw now. 3406a blk 13 speed gona roll air ride under it this winter hopefully. Put some 6 in straights on it. Wish I could fiqure out how to post pic !! I tell my kids Goya spend some of yr $ foolishly !!!
Nodust likes this.
post #25 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Barn
It's not that I have lots of time or money... I have been working on mine for 8+ years... and if you can fabricate most of what one needs, and scrounge junk piles, keeps costs down... i did a LOT of scrap metal dumpster diving!
whtbaron likes this.

post #26 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I have to admit, I'm envious and a little bit jealous of all you guys. I never seem to have any spare money kicking around or any time to do anything like this. I've loved cars and trucks for as long as I can remember, all kinds. Hopefully restore my dad's old '76 Ford F150 with a 390 someday, was my first truck and a lot of memories. Also want to pimp out an old Mack or something like that and put it on a new frame with big power and lots of lights, have always had pretty crappy grain trucks until we put a box on our '95 Kenworth W900L so feel I deserve it! Also want to restore some old farm equipment, combines, etc.. Just need to find the money and time!
I hear ya on retoring your first truck. I have the same/similar story, I have a '71 F-100 that was dads first truck, and I bought it off him for my first truck, still have it. I have every intention of restroing it, but, funds, time, and I honestly think most importantly, shop space are my issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0206.JPG (917.6 KB, 62 views)
whtbaron, Grainline and kevlar like this.
post #27 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Barn
[/quote]
I hear ya on retoring your first truck. I have the same/similar story, I have a '71 F-100 that was dads first truck, and I bought it off him for my first truck, still have it. I have every intention of restroing it, but, funds, time, and I honestly think most importantly, shop space are my issues.[/QUOTE]

You see now.... yes that blue Ford would look great restored.... but IMO.... leave the body the way it is... drop it down to the ground..... and drive it! You cannot beat the patina... I think the Ford looks good! The body on it has a story to tell... every bump and scratch. Bit that's just the way I look at it
iksn likes this.

post #28 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Blue one is Dads first grain truck1953 f700 green one is a 1961 merc unibody short box, yellow one 1962 ford unibody and my favorite orange one 1956 f100 390/c6 and ford 9 in. All work done in farm shop from sandblasting to paint and body work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171115_181841_zpsohd6ggcm.jpg (30.1 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 20171115_181828_zps3qsz4lj0.jpg (28.3 KB, 185 views)
bjtjjl, whtbaron, chance2 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Grainline; 11-23-2017 at 08:43 PM.
post #29 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
When we got rid of the cows, I started filling up the pasture with potential project vehicles.... after 45 yrs they are still waiting on me. For you guys looking at dropping front ends on older Ford pickups, there is a Facebook page devoted to swapping Crown Vic front ends. If you search for CrownVic subframe swap in Facebook, you'll find measurements etc. and guys that have fought the fight before you.
post #30 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
When we got rid of the cows, I started filling up the pasture with potential project vehicles.... after 45 yrs they are still waiting on me. For you guys looking at dropping front ends on older Ford pickups, there is a Facebook page devoted to swapping Crown Vic front ends. If you search for CrownVic subframe swap in Facebook, you'll find measurements etc. and guys that have fought the fight before you.
Good to know, guess I will keep moms old Crown Vic instead of scrapping it, just in case!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page