Looking to get a refrigerant recovery system - Suggestions? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Barn
Looking to get a refrigerant recovery system - Suggestions?

As the title states, I'm looking to buy a decent A/C recovery system. Mainly for R134, but if it could do R12 as well, that would be great. Currently I just make the refrigerant go away when I have to work on a system (if it hasn't leaked out) but I am starting to do a little A/C work on the side so I figure I should probably break down and get a recovery system.

What brands/models are a good, simple, reasonably portable unit? I know enough about A/C systems to get by quite well, but I have never actually seen, let alone used, a recovery system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
I asked nearly the same question last year and got some good advice.

https://www.thecombineforum.com/forum...ery-units.html

Got a separate recovery unit and vacuum pump as a combined unit was more than I could justify. Used it a few times and has worked great.

Dan
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Get a small portable one. You work on ag equipment a small one is almost needed. I used mine a lot when I was making a living fixing equipment. I still use it often. See if I can find a link to give you an idea. Then just buy a fairly high volume vacum pump if don't have one already. My pump from harbor freight. Been as good as any robinair or anything else I have used. You will need a couple recovery tanks also. They can cost as much as the recovery unit.
The link below would be the type of system I would suggest.

https://www.amazon.com/Mastercool-69.../dp/B005UZ2B2A

The big automated ones are nice but not very portable and very expensive. They will do very little to nothing more for you in the long run. Just have more things to break down. Carry my setup in my service truck year around. The bouncing around has never hurt it and it all fits in one side compartment. I would get an inline filter also.

Last edited by lanwickum; 02-09-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: more info after thinking a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nice information...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Recovery is just that. It allows you to recover the refrigerant. Recycle allows the refrigerant to be passed thru filters and used again for MVAC only in any vehicle. If You can not reuse refrigerant on a HVAC sysstem due to the chance that the refrigerant was damaged by the electrical motor in a compressor. Reclaimation means the refrigerant is processed and certified to be "like new" and reused anywhere.

In a HVAC system, you may recover refrigerant and reuse it if you put it in the system owned by the smae owner. IE: if my home's refrigerant is recovered, I can use the same refrigerant in my rental house.

Last edited by Davideber; 06-13-2019 at 01:39 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegranger View Post
Nice information...
yes it is
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Barn
I have a large Snap On system, more of a wheeled box, with a large tank for the refrigerant underneath, and a built in vacumn system ...I use it once in a while, but the cost of the refrigerant lost is still quite a bit less than the system itself.. it has a dryer and condenser built in as well, and as far as I know it only has ends to do 134

regards, warren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page