Penetrating fluid pump into grease zerks - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Awesome, I am done learning for the day. I did not even know or think there could be reactions between different greases. Hopefully the Univer ones last longer than yours did. I was told to make sure the zirk was clean as one guy had the same problem as you. I thought about the lock and lube too, but never got it just because it was so big and looked like a PITA for u joints.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
Was wondering what guys are using for high pressure penetrating fluid into grease zerks to free up solidified grease and dirt? Even just loosen it up for later greasing. I know there is the ones you hit with a hammer, and yes we have one and they do work but there has to be a better way.
If you use the one you hit with a hammer, I have discovered that for some reason Thrust penetrating oil works wonders. I think it’s made by castle products or something like that, our local NAPA carries it

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Barn
i have a hammer type [home made] and the few times that it has been used was with diesel fuel, worked well ... otherwise its peavey mart grease in the guns ...

regards, warren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
A lot of times if it's a pin and bushing joint that wont take grease a long hose and a second person to rotate the joint if possible while under pressure will break it loose, sometimes even giving the pin a good smack with a good size hammer (not a claw hammer those are for carpenters......) while under pressure works.
I worked for years at a bobcat dealer and dealt with my fair share of plugged up zerks, never had much luck with the hammer injector style things.
Most of the time I just pulled the zerk and clean the crap out with a dental pick back together and away you go.
The worst is when people install bushings with the grease hole not lined up... well yea they say there's that groove for the grease to go through.... yea right, that's what plugs up.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Hammer style and ATF

When a dealer sold out they had 40 or 50 old Gleaners they wanted to get into "running" condition(in other words not squealing when running) for their auction and that is what their head mechanic said worked best. Then again that is what Gleaner used in the hydraulic systems.

Otherwise it works for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page