Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I'm not driving my sprayer into a fire, thanks. We do have a fire nozzle that we can hook to our water trailer.

I'd like to know what your insurance company would think if you burned up your $400,000 sprayer fighting a fire.

scottyheps and kevlar like this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswanson View Post
I'd like to know what your insurance company would think if you burned up your $400,000 sprayer fighting a fire.

Just tell them you were using some really potent chemicals and it smoked everything, including the sprayer!
tswanson likes this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Seems like 15 years ago there were more articles in farm publications and the prairie farm report with inventions and innovations which at the time were nifty and cutting edge. Today I don’t know whether it’s age, experience, or cynicism that I look back at this stuff and laugh at the impracticality and obsolescence. I don’t like knocking ideas because someone’s “good idea” maybe crap but someone else will see it and improve it.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper22 View Post
Today I donít know whether itís age, experience, or cynicism that I look back at this stuff and laugh at the impracticality and obsolescence.
All three. I feel the same, but always have to remember to take the time and think about the idea. Sometimes the greenhorn has a great idea.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Unless the fire is heading to your yard and home, and your wife is looking at you with absolute terror in losing everything. That piece of steel is just that, when faced with desperation.
My dad would loose his sh!t over the stupidest littlest things on the yard over his family, i swear he would throw me under a wheel for better traction to get a $200 truck out of a ditch. I would never choose steel over health and happiness, or family. f#ck the insurance company.
Besides a sprayer is way more nimble that a tractor with a cultivator (who has one anymore) anyday.
torriem and Grainline like this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 974 Post(s)
I've been using a 5th wheel to hold my sprayer on the trailer for a few years now. Works great.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Standard fire insurance would only cover it if you were actively fighting a fire on your own property, same as with a Cat or any other machine. Cross the property line on to the neighbors or road allowance and insurance is null and void when fires are involved that you intentionally drove into or are working close to. Of course that don't mean that one don't just go ahead and do it anyway under some circumstances, but you better hope to helll you don't suffer a crippling breakdown, cause that could get extremely expensive fast. The part that always pisses me right off, is even if you are trying to head off the fire before it gets on your property, once off your own land, you have no insurance, to me that is just plain dumb.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine Pilot View Post
Besides a sprayer is way more nimble that a tractor with a cultivator (who has one anymore) anyday.

Only if the fire is contained to a burning barrel. Not much good if a mile wide fire is headed towards you, at least a tractor and cultivator can help contain that. Only upside to a sprayer is it's a lot faster if you need to get the he11 out of Dodge!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
Standard fire insurance would only cover it if you were actively fighting a fire on your own property, same as with a Cat or any other machine. Cross the property line on to the neighbors or road allowance and insurance is null and void when fires are involved that you intentionally drove into or are working close to. Of course that don't mean that one don't just go ahead and do it anyway under some circumstances, but you better hope to helll you don't suffer a crippling breakdown, cause that could get extremely expensive fast. The part that always pisses me right off, is even if you are trying to head off the fire before it gets on your property, once off your own land, you have no insurance, to me that is just plain dumb.
Two tractors fighting fire 2 falls ago hit each other head on in the smoke at a neighbour's fire. MFWD and 4WD. The smaller one had a loader which punched in the hood and hydraulic cooler which started spraying oil all over the 4WD. It caught and burnt tires, front end, hood, before it got put out with a water truck which wasn't too far away.

Damage was covered by insurance with about 100k damage. I was told insurance had a Good Samaritan type clause. Might be something worth looking into a little further.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page