Versatile combine - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Farmer View Post
If the paddles were timed right it wasn't a problem they fed and worked like a charm and lasted for thousands of hours. In severe wrapping conditions you would add 2 paddles per paddle and that would eliminate the wrapping. It was the best feeding system out there simple and maintenance free. We still have an old 860 as a second combine and with over 3000 hrs those paddles have NEVER been replaced.
Ya I've heard that story before. Ours were timed every possible way. Kudos to you for keeping one for over 2500 hours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ebear sent you his number

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Got it and passed it to my guy . Thanks much better to talk to someone with real life experience .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEAR View Post
Got it and passed it to my guy . Thanks much better to talk to someone with real life experience .
would have liked to read about those experiences in this thread sharing is careing
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

I will pass on as much 2nd hand info as I get .
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Well after a long talk with the guy Madks hooked him up with my buddy bought one ( he wasn't scared off ) I haven't had time to sit down with him for any length of time but the header clutch was a problem area . They found very little difference taking off the chain that rotates the concave , easy access to most of the machine , concaves adjusted from outside , but sounded like all in all a decent machine once figured out " like most " if you are willing to live without some of what we feel are normal options .
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
A friend has asked me to post this question as he was considering the RB combines if the price is right . Has anyone had any REAL experience with these good or bad . Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may have .
the biggest turd ever ó had more problems then you can imagine 8.5 acres an hour and 2 gallons of diesel per acre ,,, muti- problems lack of parts and knowledge i ran a rt 490 2012 modal My name is Ryan Klimas and my 406-734-5288 i have horror stories and i would love to talk to any one that has ran one please call
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 02:53 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4689 Post(s)
Or post here, everyone gets wiser!
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Hows your buddy making out with his new combine?

Quote:
Well after a long talk with the guy Madks hooked him up with my buddy bought one ( he wasn't scared off ) I haven't had time to sit down with him for any length of time but the header clutch was a problem area . They found very little difference taking off the chain that rotates the concave , easy access to most of the machine , concaves adjusted from outside , but sounded like all in all a decent machine once figured out " like most " if you are willing to live without some of what we feel are normal options .
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Every farm is different. Crops grown etc can make the difference of where a combine does well. Also the area you live. Where I live it is usually hard harvesting 50% of the time. Lots of straw and wet ground or tough straw. A combine here has to have a tough drive train. Some hills and the ability to push mud day after day some yrs will show drive train failures quick. Gleaners have never had an issue in the drive train area. I purchased my 9790 MF because they share the same drivetrain. Piles of new Deere from big farmers with 7 combines playing in the mud have jumped ship to lexion. One by Hudson bay has done this and one north of melfort I heard as well. Nothing more fun than fixing a combine in the mud near the frame with diff blown out. Tracks installed on combines like these weren't that weren't designed for it fail. When an excavator is required to remove your 4wd and grain cart from the field being stuck you know your wet. Many have never seen conditions like this. Over here it's a reality some yrs. Had my gleaner driving from one piece to another I couldnt get grain truck to. I didn,t have a grain cart at the time and crossing a run loaded the 6 th time I buried it to the header fully raised. Backhoe to dig the mud out behind the header so I didnt tear it in 2 getting it out was in order. Had to drive the grain truck into this muck hole hard so I could unload the grain tank and pull the grain truck out after. The stuff I have had to endure the last 30 yrs of farming would make most people cringe.

Johnny the Farmer and bap like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page