The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Versatile (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/66-versatile/)
-   -   Versatile combine (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/66-versatile/310986-versatile-combine.html)

EBEAR 10-14-2017 12:28 PM

Versatile combine

A friend has asked me to post this question as he was considering the RB combines if the price is right . Has anyone had any REAL experience with these good or bad . Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may have .

EBEAR 10-15-2017 04:34 PM

:(Is there anybody out there ?:38:

kevlar 10-15-2017 04:40 PM

I've never seen any in my area but I know of a colony that tried some a couple years ago. All I know is that they didn't like them. Not sure why, but going from a nice optioned out Case with luxury cabs to the Versy was likely strike one. Think the Versy is a little more crude. About their performance or reliability I know nothing.

bjtjjl 10-15-2017 05:23 PM

A farm somewhat near me had a few a couple years back. Owners wouldn't have to drive them on this operation, and they disappeared. So more than just the cab scared them off.

460 10-15-2017 05:31 PM

One issue is they came with a paddle feederouse somewhat like the older MF. This posed a problem with feeding in crops where picking up some dirt is an issue. Not sure about the feeder house on these. A farm around MJ had 4 of these I believe and Versatile ended up changing them over to feeder chain. The farm here had a 2 or 3 year lease on them and turned them back in. We were told at the farm show, the Versatile dealer that sold them has not chosen to be a combine dealer for them. From what I have heard from someone close to the operation is they weren't terrible.

Sorry no real world experience. These combines will sell cheap in comparison. I don't think they'll go as cheap as some think.

SWFarmService 10-15-2017 06:55 PM

Dealer here demoed one pretty hard but I don't think ever sold it. Problem was IMO they were pushing it to the wrong crowd of people trying to sell them to guys that already had pretty new combines witch I believe they should have been looking at guys with 9600's and 2388's trying to show them a step up in a combine that could be a new affordable option.

The things I heard were complaints about the cab and controls witch for a half price combine what do you expect?

I have had some consideration to try one but the dealer seems to think they need to go after guys driving new combines and they have become a dealer that does very well selling equipment but very poor at best with keeping any parts on hand.

361turbo 10-15-2017 08:48 PM

Cant say a crude by modern standards cab would bother me but waiting for parts durring a "fighting the weather"harvest would.

I was/am kind of hoping they would/will become more popular.

No experience with them just yakking

EBEAR 10-15-2017 10:00 PM

I also have 0 experience but find it hard to believe that they would not be a workable machine even if a little crude by todays standards

SWMan 10-15-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EBEAR (Post 3006578)
A friend has asked me to post this question as he was considering the RB combines if the price is right . Has anyone had any REAL experience with these good or bad . Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may have .

Have your buddy phone these guys: Corner Equipment

They have at least 4 of them on the lot the other day when I was there. I'll bet for not much more they can get him into a machine and Corner will do their best to support that unit afterward from my experience buying other machines there. They have a location in Shoal Lake which isn't that far away. From what I know they are a half-price machine and there is lots running around the world so they must get something done. I have not seen one run personally though.

Half the problems today are from elective systems on combines. Sometimes I long for the old "pull the lever to engage the unload belt"...

Madks 10-15-2017 11:36 PM

Had friend run a pair on harvest as a demo deal from texas to colo never said much either way if you want I ask him about giving his number out he sure likes his pair of s77 gleaners Easyer to haul turn better