Upgrade to Versatile RT520/RT490 - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy18 View Post
BradT, any chance you could talk to someone there and get them to start bringing in the Acros 595? They already are selling them in Versatile dress. The RSM 161 is also interesting.

https://autoline.info/-/sale/combine...11253877341700

This would be a better fit for many smaller producers, especially as the 9600's are getting worn out. It's not a simple as just buying a well used class 7,8, or 9 machine. The 2 biggest problems are; the number of bushels they have put thru them (as all the grain handling metal is worn paper thin), and the parts prices reflect that they are for a $6-700 000 machine.

It's well known that all of the MFG's have smaller machines that they don't bring into NA as it would kill the resale on their monster machines. As Versatile/Rostselmash has next to no market share here, why not bring in some smaller machines and get more market share?
Maybe in time I could, currently I'm a fresh-out-of-school-engineer who hasn't been with the company for a full year yet so I don't see my idea passing up the chain too far on something like that.

It's interesting that they are selling Versatile brand combines outside NA though when Rostselmash must already be established there.

And the paper thin metal is the issue with our 9600's they're just getting worn out now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Why don't the manufacturers sell the smaller combines that they sell in other parts of the world? We only farm around 2000 acres so most machines now are overkill for us, especially price wise. Any time we tell a salesman we don't want or need more capacity than we have now, they almost have a stunned look on their face, like they don't believe us. Do most buyers always want bigger and bigger, or is that something that the dealers are pushing?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradT View Post
I would do this but we don't deal with service here only the assembly of equipment. We receive combines from Russia and do general prep work on them that needs to be done after shipping (installing lights, radio, ensuring paints okay, washing up, ect). Then they get sent off to dealers or customers. The engineering area I work in is focused solely around our tractors. I know tillage and air cart design is also done in Winnipeg, however I'm not aware of anything for combines.
ER??
Who does the dealer contact at Versatile when they sell a combine and can't resolve the problems on their own?
Because trust me there are going to be problems, and if Versatile is leaving their dealers out to dry with no support that simply will not fly with the customers.
Farmers aren't going to wait around while a new machine is down or doesn't work properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF cowboy View Post
Quote:
I would do this but we don't deal with service here only the assembly of equipment. We receive combines from Russia and do general prep work on them that needs to be done after shipping (installing lights, radio, ensuring paints okay, washing up, ect). Then they get sent off to dealers or customers. The engineering area I work in is focused solely around our tractors. I know tillage and air cart design is also done in Winnipeg, however I'm not aware of anything for combines.
ER??
Who does the dealer contact at Versatile when they sell a combine and can't resolve the problems on their own?
Because trust me there are going to be problems, and if Versatile is leaving their dealers out to dry with no support that simply will not fly with the customers.
Farmers aren't going to wait around while a new machine is down or doesn't work properly.
There's multiple Versatile plants and offices throughout NA. Combine service could be located in another city or country even. The location I'm at focuses on tractors, I only see combines pass through that's why I came here for more information.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
There's multiple Versatile plants and offices throughout NA. Combine service could be located in another city or country even. The location I'm at focuses on tractors, I only see combines pass through that's why I came here for more information.
Yes I get that.
You need to find and talk to the person that deals with the combines.
That's going to be the best bet on information.
It should be easier for you seeing you are employed with them?
If there is no combine service office or at least one expert stationed in western Canada then that would tell me stay far away from those combines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page