Modifying Heritage combines - The Combine Forum
 220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Modifying Heritage combines

Well the main reason I am starting this thread is cause I am looking for one of the rear grates with the sickle sections in it, have one in my specialty machine but for the life of myself I cant find another.

I have a standard rotor sitting on the shop floor spending some time under the torch and grinder, got some new ideas but I fear without a chopper I will have some pretty long straw now

Has anyone ever cut up the plates between the discharge beater and the rotor?
I find since I have been cutting green canola that a large amount of crop is struggling to exit so I want to add a vein or two on the right hand side to hopefully discharge more on the left hand sude of the beater also there is a panel on each side that looks like I should pull the left side and move the right one a bit

Definitely see lots of room for improvement just haven't made up my mind on how much I want to mess with it. Not that I am afraid but as many mods as I am doing I may not know witch point gained me the mist capacity or if one is actually holding me back.

Got a pfp rock beater and discharge comming

Any ideas are good, up for about anything

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I think I found this image on this forum or another. The pperson that posted it said it came from hy-capacity. I couldnt find it on their website. You may have better luck calling.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sharktoothshredder_1441515528362..JPG (69.7 KB, 466 views)
post #3 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Thats where I thought I got the last one from but was really unsure since there was no sign of it on there site, seemed like every tom, dick and harry sold them when I got the first one but cant find anything about them now. Strange.

I will post some pics of the transition to the discharge beater and see what you guys think, deffinetly needs some improvement for sure just never noticed it let alone how bad it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
I have not had any issues from rotor to discharge, but I do not seem to run much green stem either so.......

Not much can get me more excited than a combine being cut apart and improved. I'll be looking forward to your pictures and what you do.

Here's one of many old picture threads I put up on agtalk years ago about a couple mods I have made. This machine has changed a few more times since then, but I dont document and post the changes anymore as the machine is old and no one seems interested any more.
Transaxial and SWFarmService like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Doorknob nobody cuts up the new ones not because they're perfect but because they can't afford to. The old ones like ours are the ones that a person can play with and improve. I enjoy seeing what you've done.
SWFarmService likes this.
post #6 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Ok, the discharge problem I am running into is I get too much trash dumping on the right side, dry conditions its fine but with fungicide these days the crop will be dry and the straw is green so I have a few problems during the day but as soon as the sun goes down I make a bloody mess spreading the straw. I cut the auger flighting off in line with the end of the feeder house and this helped a boat load with how it distributes the straw but now I want to change my rear bar configuration and the straw will likely become longer hence why I am looking for the shredder thing and I would like to configure a flat bar set up directly above the shredder grate along with a sweep infront of it to load up the shredder a bit heavier to also do a better job managing the straw

Here is a couple pics of the discharge transition, I am thinking I will take the plate out on the left side and move it to the left 4-5" but not really sure exactly the best way todo it, I dont want to create a pinch point in there if trash dont want to fall to the beater, thinking with this precision discharge and a way to cut up straw just a bit it will work pretty good but I will be cutting sunnies with it and must make sure there is no wrapping back there or I will be going up in smoke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150906_123129.jpg (1.09 MB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg 20150906_123154.jpg (1.12 MB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 20150906_123139.jpg (1.13 MB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 20150906_123149.jpg (897.3 KB, 163 views)
post #7 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Hey doorknob, I like that vein setup, I am waiting on some for a gleaner to see if they would fit and just go the full way around the cage, bet its much smoother that way in tuff cutting

How do you like it?

I like the grate setup, bet that would be Cadillac in corn and beans especially with the specialty, we cut mostly wheat and sometimes cut glen wheat for people and there is nothing easy about thrashing that with a specialty rotor so I am still a fan of my standards cause wuth them I usually dont need a filler plate of any sort to stay under a % dock
post #8 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Hey doorknob, I like that vein setup, I am waiting on some for a gleaner to see if they would fit and just go the full way around the cage, bet its much smoother that way in tuff cutting

How do you like it?

I like the grate setup, bet that would be Cadillac in corn and beans especially with the specialty, we cut mostly wheat and sometimes cut glen wheat for people and there is nothing easy about thrashing that with a specialty rotor so I am still a fan of my standards cause wuth them I usually dont need a filler plate of any sort to stay under a % dock
I love it. I did'nt realize how good I had it with all the mods until we bought a stock 1680 last year. Wow, what a difference. But I sure wish I had my old paddle fan back in the modified machine. That is one thing I should not have changed out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Instead of putting vanes between rotor and beater what about making an adjustable discharge plate on right hand side like the flagship combines. New heritage may have same option. You may be able to buy the kit and make it fit on your machine.
post #10 of 445 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cihmech View Post
Instead of putting vanes between rotor and beater what about making an adjustable discharge plate on right hand side like the flagship combines. New heritage may have same option. You may be able to buy the kit and make it fit on your machine.
Nice idea but I hate the fact the discharge beater is the width of the combine and the hole is the width of the rotor.

I have a buddy that has a tsr chopper with swinging knives and he says it sucks in wet conditions and this is probably cause it all comes out on the right side, if it could be a more even flow it would do a better job and reduce the power useage.

That flagship idea would definitely work but it wont get me the results I am looking for

Keep it up with ideas though! I am willing to try anything, I want to make this thing eat like a class 9 on half the fuel and I think it can be done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page